Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics after installing Parallels 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had an issue wih Parallels before? I get a kernel panic on boot of mountain lion. The windows side is able to see the Mac drive. How can I trouble shoot this? I would really like to be able to use Parallels if it would be possible.

I don't understand why you would run parallels when you can easily have a stand alone windows drive/partition. I have looked into parallels on a hackintosh as I use windows only programs for my work but the potential instability and common bugs found in running it that way made my decision easy.

I would recommend you ditch the current setup. Create a new partition or even better get another drive and install windows. For my work I bought Mac Drive pro and use it to access my files on the OS X side while in windows.

My $0.02

I was running windows from a separate partition and load it with Chimera on boot. But there are many advantages to using Parallels to access the windows partition from within os x. Regardless, OS X Kernel panics on boot - how do I troubleshoot this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back