Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can boot to the installer just fine, go through, reboot, finish install, then reboot again and am beset by constant KPs. I've tried everything -- forcing graphics, not forcing them, killing all my caches, etc -- and I'm frankly at a loss.

specs:
i5-3570k
gigabyte z77x-ud3h
GPU -- brand new radeon rx 480, but i'm confident this isn't the issue because the machine KPs in exactly the same way off internal graphics

After selecting the boot drive in Clover, it just panics at roughly this same spot every time, irrespective of what flags i choose.

Any help would be wonderful! Trying to get that sweet, sweet 480 up and running to report to yall.

img_0125-jpg.204013

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 619
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, after a few days (literally) banging away at this, I eliminated all traces of EvOreboot.kext and the thing boots now.

Next up, before I can test rx480 acceleration, I need to get my USB wifi adapter working. KP's out the wazoo whenever it's plugged in. El Cap drivers don't help. Any ideas?

OK, after a few days (literally) banging away at this, I eliminated all traces of EvOreboot.kext and the thing boots now.

Next up, before I can test rx480 acceleration, I need to get my USB wifi adapter working. KP's out the wazoo whenever it's plugged in. El Cap drivers don't help. Any ideas?

Have you installed FakeSMC into L/E? Are you still currently booting from USB Installer to do post install? You have NullCPUPowrmanagement remove it its not needed. You're board has Native Powermanagement.

Update: It wasn't just Evoreboot.kext that was causing the problems. The 10.11 Realtek drivers I was using from the manufacturer were also causing those KPs, and still are after clean installation of them. Anyone with a TP-Link T4U, take caution. The drivers from TP-Link that worked in 10.11 aren't working in Sierra.

Have you installed FakeSMC into L/E? Are you still currently booting from USB Installer to do post install? You have NullCPUPowrmanagement remove it its not needed. You're board has Native Powermanagement.

I'm booting from Clover on the startup partition. Thanks for the advice! Keep it coming! I'm going to download PB2 on my Apple Mac and install it and see if the USB support is a bit better. Will report back!

Update: It wasn't just Evoreboot.kext that was causing the problems. The 10.11 Realtek drivers I was using from the manufacturer were also causing those KPs, and still are after clean installation of them. Anyone with a TP-Link T4U, take caution. The drivers from TP-Link that worked in 10.11 aren't working in Sierra.

I'm booting from Clover on the startup partition. Thanks for the advice! Keep it coming! I'm going to download PB2 on my Apple Mac and install it and see if the USB support is a bit better. Will report back!

Recommend removing all kexts that are old. And updating them. You need to remove NullCPUPowermanagement its not needed. Native Powermanagement works native without any patches.

OK, so update. :) Nuked all old kexts entirely. Not sure if it actually helped but it couldn't hurt.

Reinstalled FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

USB wifi is working -- but only from the rear USB ports, not the front. I think it's probably a power situation, though the front ports work in Windows. El Capitan driver re-installed and works just fine.

Now to get this rx 480 working!

OK, so update. :) Nuked all old kexts entirely. Not sure if it actually helped but it couldn't hurt.

Reinstalled FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

USB wifi is working -- but only from the rear USB ports, not the front. I think it's probably a power situation, though the front ports work in Windows. El Capitan driver re-installed and works just fine.

Now to get this rx 480 working!

Note that 10.12 has problems with USB. There are changes to USB again.

Yeah, definitely true about USB being tricky. Still trying to figure out this Device ID/Framebuffer injection situation. Never done this before since I always had a card that worked out of the box. rx 480 is working but only for 2d. no acceleration or anything and quartz obviously is super slow.

I can boot to the installer just fine, go through, reboot, finish install, then reboot again and am beset by constant KPs. I've tried everything -- forcing graphics, not forcing them, killing all my caches, etc -- and I'm frankly at a loss.

specs:
i5-3570k
gigabyte z77x-ud3h
GPU -- brand new radeon rx 480, but i'm confident this isn't the issue because the machine KPs in exactly the same way off internal graphics

After selecting the boot drive in Clover, it just panics at roughly this same spot every time, irrespective of what flags i choose.

Any help would be wonderful! Trying to get that sweet, sweet 480 up and running to report to yall.

img_0125-jpg.204013

I have a similar problem with KPs, were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back