Nvida Quadro 2000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Did 6 installs and reinstalls until finally(pulled at least 19 hours on this thru the night)I got this thing to work. Ran all day and then I started getting ideas like install iWork and so forth. But then I changed (in multibeast from the mac pro version (first option making an early 2008) to a 4. something revision. Then I rebooted and man I can get this thing to work again. I did have sound problems and the video would die in like 10 seconds or so...and I was hoping to work my way up ...first by buying a Syba
SD-PEX63034 7.1 PCI-E Sound Card as i am told the one built in sound on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 won't work. Now i am stuck with this :

panic(CPU 2 caller 0xfffff80002c473a): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f81b9fb71, type 13=general protection, registers: and so much more as shown in the photo attached. I followed some instructions here and deleted the "Extra" folder on my drive root but nothing. I really hope I can get in there without having to do another install and men I hadn't done a backup. PLease HELP

Attachments

• testhh.jpg
    testhh.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 569
Did 6 installs and reinstalls until finally(pulled at least 19 hours on this thru the night)I got this thing to work. Ran all day and then I started getting ideas like install iWork and so forth. But then I changed (in multibeast from the mac pro version (first option making an early 2008) to a 4. something revision. Then I rebooted and man I can get this thing to work again. I did have sound problems and the video would die in like 10 seconds or so...and I was hoping to work my way up ...first by buying a Syba
SD-PEX63034 7.1 PCI-E Sound Card as i am told the one built in sound on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 won't work. Now i am stuck with this :

panic(CPU 2 caller 0xfffff80002c473a): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f81b9fb71, type 13=general protection, registers: and so much more as shown in the photo attached. I followed some instructions here and deleted the "Extra" folder on my drive root but nothing. I really hope I can get in there without having to do another install and men I hadn't done a backup. PLease HELP

Okay I have resolved this. Had to do a reinstallation and take a different route but so far, so good I have prevailed. My sound and video are all working plus..........its not true that I need a new sound card or even a different GPU. I went with a Quadro 2000 so as to use it in windows while working on solidworks and oh buoy its working in Lion. It one wants to track my how to, drop me a line

is it possible to know how you solved the CPU issue?

Ok.. So after doing a bit of reading I now understand that my problem is that I have a "Kernel Panic"..

I managed to complete the installation of 10.7 and completed a restart back into the os with this:

-v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000

I just installed Multibeast and what I think was the audio Realtek config software that seemingly came with it.. The Realtek software required a reboot.. And I did so without modifying the Multibeast stuff yet..

Now when I boot up from the HD with the same ( -v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000 )... I get "System uptime in Nanoseconds: XXXX"

Here is 2 shots of the same screen.. One a little closer than the other....

1-IMG_20130712_064435.jpg2-IMG_20130712_064445.jpg

Can someone please help me with this.. Thanx so much in advance...

++++++++++++

My System is:
Motherboard: Sabertooth x79
CPU: i7 3930K
Videocard: GeForce GT640
HD (SSD): Vertex SSD

Ok.. So after doing a bit of reading I now understand that my problem is that I have a "Kernel Panic"..

I managed to complete the installation of 10.7 and completed a restart back into the os with this:

-v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000

I just installed Multibeast and what I think was the audio Realtek config software that seemingly came with it.. The Realtek software required a reboot.. And I did so without modifying the Multibeast stuff yet..

Now when I boot up from the HD with the same ( -v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000 )... I get "System uptime in Nanoseconds: XXXX"

Here is 2 shots of the same screen.. One a little closer than the other....

View attachment 61302View attachment 61303

Can someone please help me with this.. Thanx so much in advance...

++++++++++++

My System is:
Motherboard: Sabertooth x79
CPU: i7 3930K
Videocard: GeForce GT640
HD (SSD): Vertex SSD

Looks like KP in FakeSMC GPU sensors...

Try removing GPUSensors.kext:

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

In general, when bringing up a new system, it is best to start out without such "optional" software such as FakeSMC sensors...

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.. Much Appreciated...

I do though have a small problem. I have no problem making the changes as indicated.. But, I have been searching for a way to access the Terminal on bootup and was unable to find out how to do this. I am seeing online the everyone seems to be accessing this from within the OS after it boots.. But not before it boots..

or .. Should I just enter this information in the same box that I have been entering my ( -v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000 )

Could you please clarify.. I am pretty new to this.. Thanx so much in advance...

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.. Much Appreciated...

I do though have a small problem. I have no problem making the changes as indicated.. But, I have been searching for a way to access the Terminal on bootup and was unable to find out how to do this. I am seeing online the everyone seems to be accessing this from within the OS after it boots.. But not before it boots..

or .. Should I just enter this information in the same box that I have been entering my ( -v cpus=1 busratio=32 npci=0x2000 )

Could you please clarify.. I am pretty new to this.. Thanx so much in advance...

Boot into the OS X installer using your Unibeast USB. Sometimes you can also boot into your HDD install using Unibeast to boot it instead of booting directly via boot loader on the HDD...

But once you get into the OS X installer, you can choose Terminal from the menu bar under Utilities. The locations of the files change slightly since they'll be under /Volumes/<name of your HDD partition> instead of at the root (root is the USB that you booted off).

Hi mate, it takes patience to build a machine and like you said can break it easily. I recommend you use 'diskutility' and take a new image at sometime when it works, always saves time than having to do a re-install. (Best to use diskutility at the installer screen and put image on another partition or external drive.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back