Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo L390 Yoga
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hello everyone,
Today I've decided to update my Yosemite installation to Sierra using Clover UEFI as my bootloader, following the Direct Update to macOS guide. Everything went smoothly without any issues whatsoever. However, I was at first unaware that the VoodooPS2Controller.kext version that I had did not work with Sierra so, what I did, was that I booted into my Windows partition (I have macOS and Windows on dual-boot), mounted my EFI and macOS partition and replaced the PS2 kexts that I had with the newest version, provided by Rehabman, and erased the contents of the /S/L/Caches.
Afterwards I booted my Recovery HD Partition and fixed SLE permissions with the chmod, chown and touch commands, and ran First Aid. But, that was to no avail, as when I booted the macOS partition, I was greeted with a KP (image annexed) backtracing to the version of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext that I had replaced.
I've tried completely removing the mentioned kext but I still get the KP.

System Info:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.161004-1602)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: N53SN
BIOS: N53SN.208
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: Intel HD 3000 + NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 550M
The partition table is GPT and the board is UEFI capable.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Hello everyone,
Today I've decided to update my Yosemite installation to Sierra using Clover UEFI as my bootloader, following the Direct Update to macOS guide. Everything went smoothly without any issues whatsoever. However, I was at first unaware that the VoodooPS2Controller.kext version that I had did not work with Sierra so, what I did, was that I booted into my Windows partition (I have macOS and Windows on dual-boot), mounted my EFI and macOS partition and replaced the PS2 kexts that I had with the newest version, provided by Rehabman, and erased the contents of the /S/L/Caches.
Afterwards I booted my Recovery HD Partition and fixed SLE permissions with the chmod, chown and touch commands, and ran First Aid. But, that was to no avail, as when I booted the macOS partition, I was greeted with a KP (image annexed) backtracing to the version of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext that I had replaced.
I've tried completely removing the mentioned kext but I still get the KP.

System Info:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.161004-1602)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: N53SN
BIOS: N53SN.208
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: Intel HD 3000 + NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 550M
The partition table is GPT and the board is UEFI capable.
looks like an older version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext, install new version: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Thanks for replying so soon.
I did try installing the new kext (as I mentioned), but it didn't work, even though I replaced the kexts in my EFI and macOS partitions.
I'm guessing the kext is hidden somewhere and it's still being loaded.

I did try installing the new kext (as I mentioned), but it didn't work, even though I replaced the kexts in my EFI and macOS partitions.
from your image you are using 1.8.13 but the new version is 1.8.24

That's exactly the problem. I replaced the kext, but the old version is still being loaded somehow.
have you tried to boot without caches?

have you tried to boot without caches?
Sorry if what I'm asking is obvious, but I can't seem to find the Without Caches option in Clover. I've annexed pictures with my boot options.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 165

i had the same problem. there was an old version of the kext in a backup folder that was being loaded during boot. don't know why.

can you remove your HD, connect it via a usb adapter to another mac,and use spotlight search to find other instances of the voodoops2 kext? then delete it/them

can you remove your HD, connect it via a usb adapter to another mac,and use spotlight search to find other instances of the voodoops2 kext? then delete it/them
No luck. Even with all its instances deleted, the kext is still being loaded somehow. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back