HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Edited] Network problems, Asus P5B Deluxe

Hi, I am a newbie. I tried following the guide and tried all the boot flags listed, but i keep getting an error screen like below. This one shows me trying the -v -s flags, but I've tried them all.

Mobo: Asus P5bDeluxe
Video Card: Radeon 5770
RAM: 4GB

Error:
H3lZN.jpg

I apologize if I'm missing something simple. I tried following the guide and searching the forums, but sometimes it's hard to see the error when you don't know what you're looking for. Thank you

Try going to your BIOS and find a setting similar to the following:

Go to the BIOS Setup > processor > "limit CPUID MaxVal" <-- set to DISABLED!!

I often count chickens before they've hatched (ie i'm only just at the installer now, so i'm sure i'll have more problems, but I had to post a quick THANK YOU @rlf156. Your suggestion got me closer to the goal!

Do you know what that setting is for? is that a common problem that newbies run into? if so, maybe I'll suggest adding that to the user guide.

is that a common problem that newbies run into? if so, maybe I'll suggest adding that to the user guide.

I found it in two different threads about Asus motherboards.

Network trouble with Asus P5b Deluxe

I got through the installation. I first tried easy beast and that enabled me to boot directly into OS, using the Voodoo universal drivers got my audio working. I have now tried several things suggested from various threads and posts to get the network working with no luck. I don't know if the fact that the install is no longer "fresh" decreases the chance of any particular fix working, so I'm in the process of creating a fresh install again. But I want to find out what the best method for getting everything working the first time around is.

After Multibeast, I had tried using the kext utility as suggested in post 5 here. I restarted, that didn't seem to do anything. So, then I went and tried to build my own DSDT by downloading the patcher from olaria and following the instructions here. That didn't work. I checked my plist and I do have the built in lan flag set to yes.

So, i'm kind stuck, scratching my head. I started thinking that maybe the latter steps that I tried didn't work since I had initially installed easybeast -- not sure if you need to uninstall before trying a different method. Clearly, I'm a noob, I've tried listing all the pertinent info, any help is appreciated. Now, that I have a fresh build installed I'd like to just do the "best" thing to get everything up and working. What do you guys suggest?

on that link for the kext , you have downloaded the kext for the lan ? use the kext utility to install and repair permissions should work if its the right one ,check in system library extensions you only have the one kext for lan ,as like audio wont work with more than one in sle,that board for audio needs the voodoo kexts to get audio ,pity chat is not working ,much easier to get one on one and trouble shoot live

Yeah, I had tried that kext and it did not work. Then i tried the two from post 24 here. The board does have two NICs so I installed both. When I go to system report, both show up under Ethernet. If on system boot I go to the BIOS and disable one, only the activated one shows in system report, so it seems like its at least sensing them. But when I open safari, it fails. I open network diagnostics, everything is red, click on ethernet, the tests fail and i quit :(

Just going to start researching for a NIC to buy that will work most easily. Any quick suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back