Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately, does not work for me. I'm trying an update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.5 (because the 10.14.4 update did not work), and I get the following error. This is on a Z370 with a Vega64 graphics card, running clover 4920:

Unfortunately, does not work for me. I'm trying an update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.5 (because the 10.14.4 update did not work), and I get the following error. This is on a Z370 with a Vega64 graphics card, running clover 4920:
View attachment 405778
Have you updated your UEFI/BIOS recently?

Have you updated your UEFI/BIOS recently?
I did, after I got this error, so I'm running the latest 4.00 UEFI for my board. However, I get the same error after the update.

I'm still able to boot into my 10.14.3 install with my existing config, as before the UEFI update.

I did, after I got this error, so I'm running the latest 4.00 UEFI for my board. However, I get the same error after the update.

I'm still able to boot into my 10.14.3 install with my existing config, as before the UEFI update.
Many people (including me) with a 300-series motherboard have reported the booting failure because of newer UEFI versions, especially the ones released in 2019. You could try to flash back to an other version or try the ACPI fix.

Many people (including me) with a 300-series motherboard have reported the booting failure because of newer UEFI versions, especially the ones released in 2019. You could try to flash back to an other version or try the ACPI fix.
Thanks, I'll try the ACPI fix and give it a go. Looks like to do that I have to first tweak the HEX value, and then reapply the BIOS update, correct?

Thanks, I'll try the ACPI fix and give it a go. Looks like to do that I have to first tweak the HEX value, and then reapply the BIOS update, correct?
I have not tried this so I could not guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back