Graphics
Windforce GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys, I'm currently trying to install El Capitan on my build, but I am unable to get to the installer without using safe mode.

Build:
Mobo: GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 (optimized defaults, vd-t disabled, hands off enabled, other OS, IOAPIC 24-119 Disabled, no other common options present)
CPU: 6700k
GFX: EVGA GTX 970 (Currently removed for testing and installation purposes, running on IGFX through HDMI)
Ram: 32GB Ballistix Sport LT
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB

I downloaded El Capitan yesterday, along with the most recent unibeast/multibeast. Made the USB installer, and got to work. I am able to get to the OsX installer with -x, but without it, I get a kernel panic (And a safebooted installation will not properly install the EFI drive IIRC).

My last effort I removed the FakeSMC kexts, but that did not change anything.

Attached my EFI and screenshot of verbose boot into USB installer

qHW1vE6.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 84
Looks like you may have an enabled Serial port, check your BIOS settings and if found, disable it.

Looks like you may have an enabled Serial port, check your BIOS settings and if found, disable it.
Ah Ok, got that disabled, and I'm getting much further now. But It's getting caught on "135.718966: unknown locale: 14"

Attachments

• 0607161429.jpg
    0607161429.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 61
Ah Ok, got that disabled, and I'm getting much further now. But It's getting caught on "135.718966: unknown locale: 14"

That's a red herring thrown up by your Wireless network interface.
The messages will not halt the boot process but they do make it harder to see the wood for the trees.
It may help to remove the Wireless network interface while you install the Operating System.

You probably should be booting with nv_disable=1 too.

That's a red herring thrown up by your Wireless network interface.
The messages will not halt the boot process but they do make it harder to see the wood for the trees.
It may help to remove the Wireless network interface while you install the Operating System.

You probably should be booting with nv_disable=1 too.

Interesting OK, I did both of those things (Pulled wireless card, ran nv_disable=1 as a boot arg) and am now stuck on a line that has no google results....

Edit: I should also mention that the spinning beach ball has come up at this stage.

(Thanks for all the help so far by the way)

Attachments

• 0607161443.jpg
    0607161443.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 81
Interesting OK, I did both of those things (Pulled wireless card, ran nv_disable=1 as a boot arg) and am now stuck on a line that has no google results....

Edit: I should also mention that the spinning beach ball has come up at this stage.

(Thanks for all the help so far by the way)

The key indicator there is the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" message.
What comes next is the problem and that is graphics.

How are you connected to your monitor ?
VGA is unsupported - Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Edit : Just reread Post#1 and saw :
GFX: EVGA GTX 970 (Currently removed for testing and installation purposes, running on IGFX through HDMI)

In that case nv_disable=1 is superfluous.
The problem probably lies in the graphics section of your config.plist

Last edited:
The key indicator there is the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" message.
What comes next is the problem and that is graphics.

How are you connected to your monitor ?
VGA is unsupported - Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI.

Edit : Just reread Post#1 and saw :

In that case nv_disable=1 is superfluous.
The problem probably lies in the graphics section of your config.plist

Yes I tried with and without nv_disable=1 just for the sake of single variable testing. Both hang at the same spot.

Assuming Clover Configurator is as clever as people say it is, then the only setting coming through on that is Inject Intel - which seems correct to me. I recall something about ig-platform-id giving some users trouble a while ago but am not sure if that's relevant for me.

Assuming Clover Configurator is as clever as people say it is
It is not.

then the only setting coming through on that is Inject Intel - which seems correct to me. I recall something about ig-platform-id giving some users trouble a while ago but am not sure if that's relevant for me.

Try without injecting Intel.

It is not.

Lol, good to know.

I edited the ig-platform-id to 0x19120000

and got to installer. Seems to be installing without issue.

Thank you for all the help P1lgrim. I'll let you know how it turns out; and will most likely will bug you some more if it turns out poorly.

hi friend,
i have the same config as yours but once i am in the installer , it doesn't see any sata drive to install el capitan.. am i missing something???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back