Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic While Booting Into The El Capitan (Post Install) on Lenovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I can boot if i disable the patch, it turns out that I was disabling it wrong, I had changed it to 2 but i now realized that it needs to be set to 0.
With the patch disabled, about this mac does show the correct amount of vram, Untitled1.jpg
The only problem is, when i boot with the patch disabled, when i first log in my login screen and menu bar is all weirdUntitled.jpg
But if i log out and log back in it is fine.
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 8.31.03 PM.jpg
Any idea how to fix my menu bar? Why does it work when i log out and log back in but not when I first boot up?
Note: I only use clover configurator for mounting EFI, I do not use it to modify my plist files. It screws them up.

Imac 14,2 is fine, it no longer shows that mac os x is not supported, and 14,2 is a 2013 which I have and know it supports El Capitan. I am now past all the smbios problems.

My new problem is that I am unable to boot without an invalid ig-platform-id (post install), I have configured my clover folder according to that guide. However when I boot I still get this panic 20181103_083832.jpg. If i boot with verbose enable it will hang here 20181103_083644.jpg, it doesn't actually show a kp, it just hangs at IO Graphics Flags 0x43.
If i boot into safe mode then it works fine, i have tried rebuilding kextcache in safe mode, but it still panics when doing a normal boot.
If i boot with an invalid ig-platform-id it will boot (not in safe mode) but without proper graphics.

Why are you using a desktop SMBIOS with your laptop?

Use MacBookPro11,1.

Okay, so I can boot if i disable the patch, it turns out that I was disabling it wrong, I had changed it to 2 but i now realized that it needs to be set to 0.
With the patch disabled, about this mac does show the correct amount of vram, View attachment 362776
The only problem is, when i boot with the patch disabled, when i first log in my login screen and menu bar is all weirdView attachment 362775
But if i log out and log back in it is fine.
View attachment 362774
Any idea how to fix my menu bar? Why does it work when i log out and log back in but not when I first boot up?
Note: I only use clover configurator for mounting EFI, I do not use it to modify my plist files. It screws them up.

No idea what you mean by "the patch".

Why are you using a desktop SMBIOS with your laptop?

Use MacBookPro11,1.
Okay, will change to this identifier.

No idea what you mean by "the patch".
Sorry that was confusing, basically what I said was that I determined my laptop has dvmt set above 64mb and so I do not need to use the WhateverGreen framebuffer patch.

Sorry that was confusing, basically what I said was that I determined my laptop has dvmt set above 64mb and so I do not need to use the WhateverGreen framebuffer patch.

If you can boot without panic without patching for 32mb, then yes... your DVMT-prealloc is at least 64mb.

If you can boot without panic without patching for 32mb, then yes... your DVMT-prealloc is at least 64mb.
So I am booting with AAPL-ig-platform-id 19160000, and it is working well, except for one small bug. When I first start up the log in screen is messed up, and the menu bar text disappears. See picture.
Untitled.jpg
If I then log out and log back in it goes back to normal, not a big deal, just a little annoying.

Attachments

• debug_31319.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So I am booting with AAPL-ig-platform-id 19160000, and it is working well, except for one small bug. When I first start up the log in screen is messed up, and the menu bar text disappears. See picture.
View attachment 362898
If I then log out and log back in it goes back to normal, not a big deal, just a little annoying.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

View attachment 362898

Not sure what would cause that.
But you have a lot of work to do anyway (ACPI patching, USB configuration, etc).

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back