Contribute
Register

Kernel panic when upgrading from yosemite to el capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I did have one more idea - Try this :
nope, now it's back to kernel panics again

again though, i'm noticing that nvda_drv=1 is still showing up as a bootflag, as well as nv_disable=1

is it possible that it panics because both those flags are activated at the same time?

and if that is the case, how do i get rid of nvda_drv=1 without it getting re-added automatically no matter how i disable it

and if that is the case, how do i get rid of nvda_drv=1 without it getting re-added automatically no matter how i disable it

Remove it from your config.plist.

Remove it from your config.plist.

that doesn't work, i've checked it many times and it's not in any of my config.plists, but it still shows up in the boot flags when in clover, and i can't remove it there either from the clover options menu, it re-adds it automatically once i exit the options

Post your working config.plist here.

Post your working config.plist here.

assuming you mean what i use that works with yosemite:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/k...mite-to-el-capitan.194013/page-2#post-1284331 is the one i used before replacing it with the custom ones the guys here made for me to try

(may have nvda_drv=1 disabled(not that it worked, it still insisted that nvda_drv=1 be a boot flag no matter where i disabled it at), but other then that it should be what i used for yosemite without any problems)

sorry for bump, just wondering if anyone has gotten any new idea's for me to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back