Contribute
Register

Kernel panic when bootong into installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to install Sierra just using a ram slot...remove the others.

Make sure you don't inject the Nvidia drivers in the bootloader (i had this issue as well). When you use nv_disable=1 but still inject the nvidia drivers, it gives you this error (in my case at least)

Tried both, no change unfortunately

in my experience, kernel panic is caused by unload fakesmc.kext during boot time, so make sure you inject or load it properly

Hi All,

I was seeing similar errors with attempting to boot after upgrading from Yosemite (UniBeast) to Sierra (kernel panic, corresponding thread: kernel_task, etc.). I ended up running a boot with Clover flag to not reboot on panic, which let me get a closer look at things. For me, things were going off the rails in EvOreboot.kext.

I ended up looking elsewhere here and found this thread regarding kernel panic after El Capitan upgrade, which recommended deleting EvOreboot.kext. To do this, I booted up in recovery and opened the Terminal from the Utilities dropdown. From there, I had to cd .. out a few directories until I hit my root. From there, I was able to cd into "Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions". In that folder, I found EvOreboot.kext (that's an Oh, not a zero) and used the command "rm -rf EvOreboot.kext" to delete the kext. After that, I restarted and was able to boot into Sierra right away!

Hope this helps someone else, at least!

Apologies if this is overly elementary to some- this was my first deep dive and these were the details that I needed along the way, so I wanted to share specifics.

Other steps attempted:
  • Swap RAM from DIMM_1 and DIMM_2 to DIMM_3 and DIMM_4 [Unsuccessful]
  • Remove all RAM, except 1 stick in DIMM_1 and re-run Sierra install [Unsuccessful]
  • Boot in Safe Mode [Unsuccessful]
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back