Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic - Unable to remove nvda_drv=1 boot arg (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get into single-user mode via my Recovery partition and deleted the nvda_drv=1 boot arg from the config.plist file on the EFI partition of my startup drive. While in recovery I also verified and fixed permissions on my startup drive as well.

I then rebooted back to the Clover menu and the nvda_drv=1 boot arg was still there. :banghead:

I went back into recovery just to double check that I saved the file and it's correct. How can Clover still be loading this boot arg? Can I reinstall Clover on my Yosemite drive through via recovery?

I managed to get into single-user mode via my Recovery partition and deleted the nvda_drv=1 boot arg from the config.plist file on the EFI partition of my startup drive. While in recovery I also verified and fixed permissions on my startup drive as well.

I then rebooted back to the Clover menu and the nvda_drv=1 boot arg was still there. :banghead:

I went back into recovery just to double check that I saved the file and it's correct. How can Clover still be loading this boot arg? Can I reinstall Clover on my Yosemite drive through via recovery?

Have you tried to boot with nv_disable=1??

If you have bootable USB on hand boot with the USB.

Did anyone ever figure out the solution to this problem? I have the exact problem in that I am trying to do a fresh install of OSX El Capitan and I have a Nvidia GTX 750... The only way to do a fresh install with this card installed is to disable nvidia drivers. For some reason, clover is forcing the nvda_drv=1 argument in there even though I have removed it in my config.plist file. And whenever I manually remove it from the options section in clover, it immediately adds it back. So whenever I boot, I have nv_disable=1, along with the automatically forced argument of nvda_drv=1. I boot in verbose mode and every time I can see that my computer is freezing because the NVidia drivers are being loaded.

I tried disabling everything but my internal graphics and booting from it, but because clover sees that I have a nvidia graphics card it keeps adding the nvda_drv=1 and causing the freeze up. I know I could literally remove my GTX 750 from the motherboard and this would solve my installation problem, but that would be my last resort. There has to be a way to get the nv_disable=1 working because it has always worked in the past. Maybe I need an older version of clover installed on my USB? Any help would be appreciated.

Clover isn't forcing anything, it's the Nvidia web driver that writes nvda_drv=1 to NVRAM.

In the Nvidia panel set the driver to OS X Default Driver will remove nvda_drv=1 from NVRAM.

I'm having this problem. If you cannot get into OSX to switch the graphics settings, how can you fix the problem?

Same here. Tried everything. Stuck like many of you.

SOLVED

since I couldn't the nvda_drv=1 flag to go away, I did the following:
a) removed the Nvidia card
b) booted with onboard Intel graphics
c) installed Nvidia Web Drivers
d) re-inserted the Nvidia card
e) rebooted

Once the driver was installed, I could boot with the mysteriously-appearing boot flag.

I tried that but I keep on getting this below image. What driver did you use do you have a link to it?

Attachments

• option.jpg
    option.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 148
currently having this issue of not being able to remove this flag from booting with it, is there anyway to remove this via boot menu ?

This is a bug, you can't remove it, even if you change it to =0 there will be another one added =1.... that's a nice trolling from clover, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back