Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic "Should have 8 threads, but only found 9"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same exact kernel panic after installing Mavericks. I finally fixed it by manually removing the DSDT.aml file in the Extras folder in my hard drive. The file was left over from previous ML installation with Multibeast. I had to mount the drive on a separate mac to to this. After this it boots flawlessly.
I am running 4770 on GA Z87MX UD3 with EVO Geforce GTX 760. Onboard graphics disabled in bios.

I know this is an old thread, but this post saved me some time rebuilding my gf's hack last night. Her GA-H61M-D2-B3 died and I replaced with a GA-H61M-DS2. Got the same kp from the old drive, and again after restoring to a new one from time machine. It had copied the old DSDT file (new board is UEFI) which was to blame.

Just wanted to say that there is no need to swap out the hard drive to remove a DSDT file if that is the only thing preventing booting. Use the DSDT=Null flag to bypass it. This allowed me to boot as normal and remove the DSDT.ami file from the extras folder. Restarting, everything was back working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back