Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock extreme 4
CPU
Graphics
MSI 1080 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a big problem, I'm trying to install ML, but I get panic (cpu 10 called etc. My system is I7 3930K - Asrock X79 Extreme 4 - 16 gb corsair vengeance - gigabyte gtx 680 - 830 samsung 128gb SSD.

From one newbie to another, in order to help you we really need to know more about what you've done / tried so far. What sequence of steps have you done so far? :)

I followed the tutorial ksosx86. My HW setup is similar.

(http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-dual-nvidia-geforce-gtx-470s-revised-ml.html)

-Step 1) Create a bootable USB drive from your Mac App Store purchased copy of the "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" by using "UniBeast - Mountain Lion".

-Step 2) Once Unibeast has finished creating your bootable USB drive, replace the folder entitled "Extra" on your Unibeast drive, with the one in the "Unibeast Extra.zip" that I've attached below. It will enable you to boot from Unibeast and install OS X without having to disable multiple cores, or HT. Meaning, you won't need to use the bootflag "cpus=1". Note: the "Extra" folder on Unibeast is hidden, you will need to enable viewing of hidden files/folders to delete it, and then place the one I've attached in its place.

-Step 3) After you've replaced the "Extra" folder, boot your system from Unibeast, and install Mountain Lion, make sure you're installing to a partition/drive that's using "GUID Partition Table/GPT", not "Master Boot Record/MBR".

These are the steps I Followed. I Imagine That the "extra" folder there are some things to change to make it compatible hardware. How do I change the files? and what should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back