Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Attachments

• IMG_20141017_173907.jpg
    IMG_20141017_173907.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,096
for me i can "sometimes" avoid this and complete the installation if i use boot flags GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096

This works instead of physically removing one stick of RAM, but still after i complete the installation system always freezes when i boot normally, i am not sure if it is RAM related or IGPU injection related .. i am suspecting the second ...

you can also try

GraphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096

The above line will sure make it work past installation (i think)

But the question is, can you get your system to "not freeze" after you complete installation?

I was able to boot into safe mode, but the kernel flags you suggested didn't seem to fix anything. Safe mode is the only way it doesn't crash.

If you have a dedicated graphics card, try disabling the IGP in bios completely, totally disable the intel graphics. Use discrete graphics only and see if that resolves it. Disable injection of IGP too, set to No

When I boot up Yosemite, getting this kernel panic. Z77-DS3H, internal graphics, 3770k, default bios settings.
You need to boot into OS X in safe mode and go into S/L/E and delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

It is because you are using SMBios MacPro 5.1. MacPro 3.1 will work but anything above that KPs when that kext is found.

You need to boot into OS X in safe mode and go into S/L/E and delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

It is because you are using SMBios MacPro 5.1. MacPro 3.1 will work but anything above that KPs when that kext is found.

Hmm yeah that would be an issue. I fixed it by booting into safe mode and just running MultiBeast from there. Then the system had no issues booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back