Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
Tried to upgrade from fully working Mojave installed. Updated lilu, whatevergreen, and clover. Getting this KP. Don't have access to macOS right now, but i did grab a zip of EFI from windows

IMG_0824.PNG

IMG_0823.PNG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
looks like an issue with your Airport.. driver

I was thinking the same, but i tried -brcmfxoff and -brcmfxbeta and am still getting a KP. Anything else I can do to get it to boot? i don't care if wifi is disabled for now (can use Ethernet). I just need to boot so I can get in the file system to make modifications.

I was thinking the same, but i tried -brcmfxoff and -brcmfxbeta and am still getting a KP. Anything else I can do to get it to boot? i don't care if wifi is disabled for now (can use Ethernet). I just need to boot so I can get in the file system to make modifications.
you could try -lilubetaall boot argument

or try safe mode

you could try -lilubetaall boot argument

or try safe mode
tried both, KP continues. Do you know of any other software aside from Paragon APFS to let me read/write to APFS from windows? I used up my trial long ago, but figure if i could get into the Mac partition i could delete the offending kexts in l/e to hopefully allow it to boot

order to load Airportbrcmfxup.kext try with injected kext with clover this is solution

order to load Airportbrcmfxup.kext try with injected kext with clover this is solution
i was able to boot by pulling my ssd and putting it in an external enclosure and zapping the offending old kexts from l/e. Putting new version of airportbrcmfixup.kext in clover/kexts/others (even with boot-args) results in PR

was able to get wifi back up and running. I was using fakesmc because virtualsmc was giving kernel panics too. i forgot to update virtualsmc.efi, while i was in there i updated lilu and whatevergreen again just in case. now with everything updated virtualsmc and airportbrcmfixup.kext are working. Fighting with AppleALC and Bluetooth now

was able to get wifi back up and running. I was using fakesmc because virtualsmc was giving kernel panics too. i forgot to update virtualsmc.efi, while i was in there i updated lilu and whatevergreen again just in case. now with everything updated virtualsmc and airportbrcmfixup.kext are working. Fighting with AppleALC and Bluetooth now
Se the other threads on macOS Catalina Laptop Support, we posted updated kexts and link to bluetooth kexts/

Se the other threads on macOS Catalina Laptop Support, we posted updated kexts and link to bluetooth kexts/
I grabbed those kexts, and put bcrmpatchram2.kext and bcrmfirmwarerepo.kext in there but its not wanting to kick on. I can see it in USB section of system report, but nothing appears in the bluetooth section. Ill have to play around to see if i missed a step.
AppleALC, my codec doesnt like to work with the standard CX20722 layout. With Mojave @macpeet made me a custom one. Ive asked if he can help with Catalina. We shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back