Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic on upgrade from 10.6.8 to 10.7.2 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I used the tonymac Xmove to upgrade from 10.6.8 to Lion ( from app store now 10.7.2)

Xmove ran fine and confirmed Lion had been installed on SL partition, However whenI rebooted I got kernel panic ( screenshot of -v boot attached).

I cannot get past this and I cannot get Iboot to let me boot from the SL disk to reinstate USB time machine backup of the SL disk image. Also tried using the disk utility in Xmove to do this but it is not finding the time machine ( external USB)

How can I either boot into the apparently installed Lion or reinstate the backup of SL image?

thanks

Gigabyte x58 Udr3 version 2 bios fe with gigabyte batmobile 5770 12 gb ram

DSC_5844.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_5844.JPG
    DSC_5844.JPG
    756.2 KB · Views: 93
From your screengrab it looks like your sleepenabler.kext was not removed from your S/L/E folder. I know this causes panics.

Either try get in via command line or boot with the iBoot USB or rBoot and then try and rename sleepenabler.kext to sleepenabler.old and then reboot and see what happens.

Personally I never had success with upgrades from SL to Lion, clean install is always my chosen method and I then restore my data manually. Takes a little longer but avoids anything being dragged back into your system that might kill it.

I cannot get in using any of these methods - have got it to recognize time machine backup so will restore last good version of SL and start again from there.

rboot came up with message cannot find mach_kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back