Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Hi everyone,

I have successfully installed Lion 10.7.3 with the following specs:

Board: ASUS P5B
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7300GT
RAM: 8GB

The above was working fine for about a month. I also use CCC to clone my disk.

Yesterday, after I cloned my drive with CCC, I was unable to boot from my main disk anymore. The system booted and just before the login prompt it froze saying that something went wrong and I have to restart my machine.

That kept going so I decided to boot from the cloned drive and restore my drive. I booted from the cloned drive and everything seemed ok. So, I decided to clone my "cloned" drive to the original. I wiped out the original and performed a full backup.

The result was the same! Kernel panic.

I though that maybe the drive is bad so I cloned this time to a different one. Same results :banghead: :banghead:

I have searched all over the place but I haven't find anything that could help identify the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Any indication as to what is causing the KP? Have you tried a verbose boot to see where things might have gone wrong?

TB

BlueHornet said:
Any indication as to what is causing the KP? Have you tried a verbose boot to see where things might have gone wrong?

TB

Hi, yes I have with:

Code:
boot: DSDT=null npci=0t2000 -v

The only indication was the Voodoo sound driver which I removed. I passed that point and I still get a KP later just before the login screen appears with no other indication what so ever.

SOLVED: Kernel panic on restored disk!

Ok looks like a newbie issue here, sorry about the noise.

The solution was to clone the drive, boot from it via the old and then use MultiBeast to install the bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back