Contribute
Register

kernel panic on install (type 13=general protection,registers: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-h61m-s2pv
CPU
pentium g630 @2.7ghz on sandy bridge
Graphics
ati radeon 6450 hd 1gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i am attempting to install el capitan but immediately have hit the buffers

have got this kernel panic

IMG_0255.jpg

i did a search for this type of panic on here and found this

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/67507-kernel-panic.html

"Try removing GPUSensors.kext:

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

In general, when bringing up a new system, it is best to start out without such "optional" software such as FakeSMC sensors..."

i have done this but to no avail

also at the bottom of the panic it says mac pro 5.1 but in my system information it says mac pro 3.1 i have never altered this at any time

i am running yosemite which installed with no problems as has every update since mavericks i am not a tinkerer so if it runs i leave it until an update comes along

any help greatly appreciated

also at the bottom of the panic it says mac pro 5.1 but in my system information it says mac pro 3.1 i have never altered this at any time

It is the mac pro 5.1 system definition that is the issue here.

The mac pro 5.1 uses ECC RAM which is serviced by the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, if you don't have ECC RAM you will get a kernel panic when you boot.

Boot in safe mode and change your system definition to something more appropriate or,

In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart.

thanks

i have done that and it is still the same

here is a screen shot of s/l/e and also my memory

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 17.08.03.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 17.03.25.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 17.03.25.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
i am using unibeast 6 and the official el capital download from the apple app store

The config.plist that you are using probably has a MacPro5,1 system definition.
Likewise the drive that you are booting from has the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Now Yosemite isn't loading

ok

so to remove them do I get Yosemite running then reinstall Yosemite multibeast selecting Mac Pro 3.1?

then try running off the usb again

thank apple for iPads

Now Yosemite isn't loading

so to remove them do I get Yosemite running then reinstall Yosemite multibeast selecting Mac Pro 3.1?

then try running off the usb again

If the MacPro5,1 system definition and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext are present on the USB then you will have the same problem when you boot from it until you correct one or both.

ok the obvious question how do i find out if they are (i have used finder to search for them and nothing)

and how do i remove them (if i can find them)

Look in the config.plist you're using (on system drive or USB, whichever) under SMBIOS / ProductName to see which system definition you're using. The easiest way to switch is with Clover Configurator (magic wand on the SMBIOS screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back