Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac ZBOX MI572
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
HD 630
Was attempting to fix the ethernet port on my Brix Pro i5 and bricked my system.

Kernel panic is attached. I installed a Realtalk and FakeSMC kext (the latter was an accident) and now the system won't boot. I tried disabling FakeSMC in clover but I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correctly. I typed in FakeSMC in the disable kext field and pressed he enter return option and booted without cache. Still nothing. I'm on El Capitan.

Any help booting back into my system would be greatly appreciated. I tried booting with -x -v -s with no luck.

Was attempting to fix the ethernet port on my Brix Pro i5 and bricked my system.

Kernel panic is attached. I installed a Realtalk and FakeSMC kext (the latter was an accident) and now the system won't boot. I tried disabling FakeSMC in clover but I'm not even sure if I'm doing it correctly. I typed in FakeSMC in the disable kext field and pressed he enter return option and booted without cache. Still nothing. I'm on El Capitan.

Any help booting back into my system would be greatly appreciated. I tried booting with -x -v -s with no luck.

Not possible to boot without FakeSMC.kext as it is required on all hacks...

Did you try booting with your USB?

Not possible to boot without FakeSMC.kext as it is required on all hacks...

Did you try booting with your USB?

I tried booting from the USB stick but it's not working either. I have attached a screenshot of where it gets stuck.

I tried using safe mode with the USB but still nothing. Not sure what else to do.

Attachments

• 1465445070362471616100.jpg
    1465445070362471616100.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
I have attached what I see booting on verbose off the USB.

I was trying to fix my ethernet. I did some googling and found this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...ix-pro-using-clover.125919/page-4#post-831996

I went to the page and downloaded a build of RealTalk8111 but when I downloaded it, there were two files. The RealTalk and FakeSMC. I used kext wizard to install and made sure to make backups but I could have sworn those files were not in s/l/e when I looked. Saved my settings and rebooted and that's when I got stuck.

I really regret not following your guide. I used it before but forgot about it. I have a time machine backup so I guess I can do a reinstall if I knew how to access the setup screen. When I click my recovery partition in clover nothing ever loads up.

Attachments

• 20160609_001306.jpg
    20160609_001306.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 98
I have attached what I see booting on verbose off the USB.

I was trying to fix my ethernet. I did some googling and found this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...ix-pro-using-clover.125919/page-4#post-831996

I went to the page and downloaded a build of RealTalk8111 but when I downloaded it, there were two files. The RealTalk and FakeSMC. I used kext wizard to install and made sure to make backups but I could have sworn those files were not in s/l/e when I looked. Saved my settings and rebooted and that's when I got stuck.

I really regret not following your guide. I used it before but forgot about it. I have a time machine backup so I guess I can do a reinstall if I knew how to access the setup screen. When I click my recovery partition in clover nothing ever loads up.

You could try booting into single user mode and removing the kexts you installed...

Otherwise fresh install time... (or restore from recent backup prior to the mistake).

Alright, writing down what happened just in case it happens again. I got it working but by accident.

1) USB wasnt booting, had to do it all over again. Used Unibeast + Clover and use the settings found on this website.
https://eexe1.wordpress.com/2014/04...and-window-8-1-in-gigabyte-brix-pro-tutorial/

2) Boot into USB and it will go to the setup. TM backup wasnt available. Install over the existing partition but don't erase anything. I thought this would delete my stuff but it didnt.

3) Booted right into the drive and mac launched. I thought it was gonna be a fresh build but it was my existing build. Everything was still there! Lucky stuff. Deleted the rogue kext file. Kept the RealtekRTL9111 kext to fix the ethernet, deleted the bad FakeSMC.kext.

4) Everything works like a charm

Thanks RehabMan for trying to help. Nothing seemed to work and I just got lucky fixing it.

Alright, writing down what happened just in case it happens again. I got it working but by accident.

1) USB wasnt booting, had to do it all over again. Used Unibeast + Clover and use the settings found on this website.
https://eexe1.wordpress.com/2014/04...and-window-8-1-in-gigabyte-brix-pro-tutorial/

2) Boot into USB and it will go to the setup. TM backup wasnt available. Install over the existing partition but don't erase anything. I thought this would delete my stuff but it didnt.

3) Booted right into the drive and mac launched. I thought it was gonna be a fresh build but it was my existing build. Everything was still there! Lucky stuff. Deleted the rogue kext file. Kept the RealtekRTL9111 kext to fix the ethernet, deleted the bad FakeSMC.kext.

4) Everything works like a charm

Thanks RehabMan for trying to help. Nothing seemed to work and I just got lucky fixing it.

You might want to setup per my guide, so you don't have the same problem in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back