Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic: IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665 (10.11.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V 3603 BIOS
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX680 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone! This is a case of "If its working, just leave it alone." LOL

Basically, I updated from 10.11 to 10.11.2 using the combo update, and everything was working fine, but I thought I'd be proactive and update my Clover installation using the latest Unibeast. I chose "Legacy" in the selection screen, rebooted, and now, no matter what I do, no matter which boot flags I've tried, I get the Kernel Panic listed above right after the Clover boot screen.

My guess based on hours of googling is that somehow my config.plist file on the EFI partition is messed up following the Unibeast upgrade, but a couple of other things are bothering me as well:

1. Isnt the EFI partition supposed to be msdos? I was unable to successfully mount that partition with mount -t msdos, but using HFS mounted it perfectly.

2. Is there any way to edit the config.plist from the OSX installation utility? i tried nano config.plist and the bash prompt does not find nano. I guess i could go to the "macintosh HD" volume and manually find the program (probably not in the path of the installation terminal).

Specs for system are as listed on the left. Thanks in advance!

Update: I fixed it...Basically what I did was copy the config.plist file from /EFI/CLOVER/ after i mounted it in the OSX installation terminal to a free USB drive (formatted as FAT32) and used my Windows box with Plist Editor Pro to delete the entire ACPI tree within. Saved it to the stick, replaced the version in /EFI/CLOVER with the edited one, and now system now boots fine.

So, for anybody who gets this error (starts with something like panic unable to load ACPI in IOPlatformExpert....) you can apparently fix it using my method above.

Hey just thought I would chime in on this, I was experiencing this error as well, the only thing that worked for me was enabling virtualization in the bios. I'm on a dell with an ivy bridge i5 quad, and a b85 chipset.

i thought it was odd because the guide said not to enable vt, but it might be enough to get you into the installer.

ASUS P8Z68-V pro/gen3 (last bios)
i7 2600K
16Gb RAM

MAC OS X 10.11.3 (downloaded from AppStore a week ago)

Wan't boot Clover in UEFI mode form HD (some bios trouble), but boot normally form USB (Clover 3220 UEFI), so try boot in Clover Legacy 3220 and last Clover, same thing: Kernel Panic: IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665

Deleting <ACPI> tree from config.plist is't helping.

So I can boot normally (-v -f npci=0x2000 and iMAC 13,2 SMBIOS) only if Clover 3220 UEFI installed on USB Flash or USB HD

don't know what to do?

blppt: Well, I want to thank you because I was stuck on that panic as well but during the install process for Maveric's using multibeast on a Dell Optiplex 980 ( Core i5 1st gen 4 GB Ram), I erased the ACPI entirely as you said, the boot section graphics changed, but the loading bar appeared. Unfortunately it now halts there, the USB flash drive that I'm using is a cruzer flash drive with a led on it, and such led just turns off.

I remember I tried 4 or 5 years ago to install Mac software on my phenom and I got the same result... If you know something else, please, let me know.

ThinkServer rs140
Mac OS Sierra

Thanks, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back