GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU
E5300
Graphics
8800 GTS
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I wanted to install Mountain Lion on a separate partition (to make sure it works before I do a clean install over my main partition). When I tried to boot without any kernel flags, I ended up with the 'Still waiting for root device' problem. I managed to fix that by using the kernel flags PCIRootUID=1 UseKernelCache=Yes.
So I got into the installer. My keyboard worked, but my mouse didn't, and a few moments later, I ended up with a kernel panic:

20121002200129.jpg

I noticed that I got the same result when I tried to boot the same way on my main Lion HDD. Normally I boot with the kernel flags PCIRootUID=1 arch=i386 npci=0x3000 EthernetBuiltIn=Yes (about the arch=i386 kernel flag, if I boot without it, I run into the 'Still waiting for root device' problem).
So that's my situation. Is there anyone out here who can help me to solve my problem?

EDIT: I managed to fix that problem on my main Lion HDD by removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext + AppleIntelCPUPowerManagmentClient.kext and by installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from MultiBeast. How can I do these things in UniBeast?

Do not use Use Kernel cache=yes during install. You want it to build a new cache as it loads the ML kernel, not use the cache from Lion.

I've replaced the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on the UniBeast drive with the one from MultiBeast and removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and -Client.kext. Now Unibeast boots fine, even without a kernel cache. Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back