Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi my Snow Leopard is working great but i noticed lately that im getting kernel panics and i dont know what the reason is.

There was a time that i was running Adobe Lightroom and iTunes at the same time and i got a kernel panic. Now, i get KP when im running VMWare Fusion. Anybody experienced this and fixed it? thanks.

MoBo: ECS H61H2-M2
CPU: intel Core i3 2100
Graphics: NVIDIA 9400 GT 1GB
RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz

Gripitoy said:
Anybody experienced this and fixed it? thanks.
Definitely, the KP usually says what needs to be fixed.

hi, thanks for the reply, i only see this
fake-kernel-panic.jpg

In verbose mode, obviously. (press F8 during boot, type -v then hit enter)

hi, i've read somewhere in the forums that one should try to have the least possible peripherals attached. so i removed the only extra peripheral i have which is a Bluetooth dongle and since that time, i haven't had any kernel panic even running multiple apps on the VM while running chrome and itunes on OS X.

regarding your suggestion sir, i'll try that now sir. thanks.

--- edit ---

i tried -v in booting and it paused for about a second at com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform and then continued booting until the desktop showed up.

When you get a Kernel Panic in Verbose Mode - instead of "you need to restart your computer" picture, it gives you all the details about the panic and what caused it. It's essential for troubleshooting various problems.

hi, sorry to bump an old post. but i finally found the solution to this kernel panic. i manually manage my ram voltage. changed it from 1.5 to 1.7. It permanently fixed the kernel panic. tried running windows XP in parallels and played a game(Farm Simulator 2011) for hours and did not have any crash since i boosted ram voltage.

thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back