Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic Immediately On Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after my last fiasco with just getting the grey screen and spinning ball, I followed some instructions and removed all the 10.x folders in the kexts folder. This let me boot from OS X Install, where the installation completed successfully.

After install, I am getting a kernel panic immediately.

Attached is a screenshot of verbose mode and what's happening.

I have FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPOwerManagement, and Ethernet kext in the Other folder.

Oddly, I am able to boot the recovery console, but just not boot into El Capitan.

Any ideas?
Looks like a problem with incompatible kext. Try removing EvOreboot.kext from S/L/E.

There is no recovery OS.

There is no recovery OS.

The process I outlined also works with a USB installer. The only difference is instead of using /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/... You will use /Volumes/USB/.. (or whatever your installer USB is called).

Of course, if you don't have a USB installer, you may be SOL.

If this is a clean install, the kexts in the EFI of your install disk can be suspect. If you can boot into clover, you can use clover's UEFI shell to delete everything but FakeSMC.kext from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11.

To do this, select UEFI shell from Clover (its icon is >), then after it loads, type fs0: which will mount a disk partition. Type ls which will list the contents of that directory. You will be looking to see if it matches what is on your install drive. If it isn't the right drive, try fs1: fs2: etc.

Once you find it, navigate to the kexts folder by typing cd \efi\clover\kexts\10.11

Type ls to see what is in there. To remove stuff, use type rm NameOfKext.kext

If that doesn't work, you may have to type the whole file path (E.g.rm \efi\clover\kexts\10.11\NameOfKext.kext)

Good luck!

Try booting to the clover boot loader deleting the gear and and find the check box that says drop all oem tables you will have to search around in there for it i can't remember where exactly it is

Tried but didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back