Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
This is my first Hackintosh although I've built several Windows/Linux systems over the last 15 years or so. I am stuck somewhere in the install process before the system boots to Snow Leopard. I do not get even to the partition screen at all. The error message, or at least the last thing it prints to the screen before it dies is

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I've searched around here and on other boards and have found some folks having a similar issue but cannot really understand what to do about it, so I thought I'd post here. I'm using

Software
iBoot 2.6.2
Snow Leopard retail disc
Hardware
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R rev 2.0 with the latest FE BIOS
Gigabyte GV-N450OC2-1GI GTS 450
Core i7-950
4GB (single stick) of Patriot DDR3-12800
Crucial RealSSD 128GB plugged into Intel port 0
LG Blu-ray burner plugged into Intel port 1
Configurations
HPET 64 bit mode
ACHI mode
suspend type S3(STR)
using: -x PCIRootUID=1 -v
Note: I did first install Windows 7 to the SSD but that couldn't be my problem could it?

I thought that maybe the problem is my video card but I've seen other posts indicating that it will and does work fine with the newest iBoot and the PCIRootUID=1 option. One other question I have is how I would know if my SL retail disc is 10.6.3 or not?

Any help appreciated!

I hook up my DVD on SATA-0 and HDD on SATA-1 but it looks like a kext is having a problem. I think I would install OSX first making sure you check GUID under OPTIONS and Extended Journaled. It may just not be reading properly. I disable the peripherals to make sure everything boots first then I go in and enable the ones I want and install their Kexts later. I use USB-2 only on first install. I had problems with the newer iBoot but I have ATI so I am not sure about the 450 install.

You have your SATA set to AHCI right? Disable any RAID configs too I think it is called xTreme Raid and that will mess your ports up.

Thanks for the reply but the problem is I can't install OSX :)
I do have SATA set to AHCI. I also have pretty much everything disabled in BIOS: LAN, 1394, the other SATA controllers Azalia (is that audio?)
What I've tried since the last post:
Obtained a copy of OSX that I'm sure is 10.6.3
Tried again with the "-x PCIRootUID=1 -v"
This time it seemed to not get as far, it stops at the message

DSMOS has arrived

but never gets to the message about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

So then I tried again without "-x PCIRootUID=1" and here is what it gives me (I'll give a few lines of the text)

Creating RAM Disk for /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays
Initialized /dev/rdisk7 as a 1024 KB HFS Plus volume
stat: /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays: stat: No such file or directory
mount: realpath /Library/ColorSync: No such file or directory
chown: /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays: No such file or directory
chmod: /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays: No such file or directory
nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found
using 64-bit bootcache playlist
BootCacheControl: could not unlink playlist /var/db/BootCache.playlist: Read-only file system
Bug: launchctl.c:2325 (23930):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, 0_RDONLY | 0_EXLOCK | 0_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1
systemShutdown false
NTFS driver 3.2 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name , version 3.1.
disk0s1: ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Refusing new kext com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily, v1.7.6f2: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily, v1.7.6f: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v3.9.6: already have loaded v9.9.9.

And that's where it came to a halt. Any thoughts? Seems like it has an issue with that last mentioned kext, but I don't know how to change anything at this point. Or maybe something further up was the issue - I'm not sure about any of this.

Any help appreciated!

I'm also having the same problem.

Here's my set up:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 with FE BIOS
Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz
Patriot Viper II Series, Sector 7 Edition, Extreme Performance 12GB DDR3-1600
EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1024GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA2
Sony AD-7260S 24X SATA Internal DVD Burner
Cooler Master V8 Universal CPU Cooler

I have the HD on SATA port 0, DVD drive on SATA port 1. All BIOS SATA settings are set to AHCI, HPET to 64-bit, boot to CD/DVD first after loading Default Optimal Settings. I also only have 4GB memory (1 stick of DDR3) installed. I have tried both the regular and the legacy iBoot, but no matter what I do the kernel panics 10 to 20 seconds after the Apple logo is displayed.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

I solved the problem tonight, and the trick seemed was using the options

-x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I have now gotten Snow Leopard up to 10.6.6 and via MultiBeast and numerous other tweaks everything seems to be working like a charm. The other thing I did, before I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No was to downgrade the BIOS to FB version after seeing some other posts that indicated that could be a suspect. Personally I'm not sure that was the issue and will sometime upgrade again but not right now...too exhausted and happy that it is working

jbrickman1 thank you very much for posting your solution. I used the same parameters at the iBoot prompt and OSX is now installing. By the way I have the FE BIOS still installed, I'll let you know how that goes.

Install worked with FE BIOS. The only I need to figure out now is why the graphics card doesn't seem to have the correct resolutions available for it. I installed the NVIDIA drivers, but I must have done something else wrong.

c0lp4nic said:
Install worked with FE BIOS. The only I need to figure out now is why the graphics card doesn't seem to have the correct resolutions available for it. I installed the NVIDIA drivers, but I must have done something else wrong.
Did you remember to repair permissions and rebuild caches after installing kext files?

Going Bald thanks for the tip. Before I saw your message I went back and re-ran Multiboot and selected --> Customization -> Boot Options -> 32-bit Apple Boot Screen. I think I had selected a boot option with GraphicsEnabler=No. Long story short I now have the full 1080p resolution I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back