Hello,

I have troubles with booting the instalation of El Capitan on my PC

HW spec:

Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 8GB (2x 4Gb)
Crucial CT120 M500 - 120Gb

Default clover from this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

IMG_20151002_125442.jpg

Can you help me please? Thanks :)

Motherboard
16GB i7
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got that error. Boot with the flag, "cpus=1". That should solve it and get you running till hopefully a more perm fix with Multibeast 8.0 happen.

Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro4
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 960
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had the kernel panic too, but if I use cpus=1 I get a PCI Parity error instead

I have a working Yosemite 10.10.5 on that machine (see signature) but with clover I can't figure out how to get to the El Capitan install screen...

Does anyone have any clue?

Motherboard
CPU
i2500
Graphics
internal CPU
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I got that error. Boot with the flag, "cpus=1". That should solve it and get you running till hopefully a more perm fix with Multibeast 8.0 happen.

Thanks!
When you create Clover-based USB, Unibeast actually copies NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into "kexts/10.11" directory, which is supposed to disable AppleCPUPowerManagement and make the panic go away for i5 2500k. However for some reason Clover doesn't load this kext when it launches installer.
I tried to copy it to "kexts/10.10", to "kexts/Others", and other directories - but Clover kept ignoring the kexts. With cpus=1 you can launch installer and successfully install ElCapitan.

As for waiting for Multibeast and running on single core till then - you don't have to. After having installed El Capitan and having launched it, insert your unibeast flash drive, open terminal and type the following:

sudo cp -r /Volumes/[your el capitan flash drive]/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /System/Library/Extensions
sudo cp -r /Volumes/[your el capitan flash drive]/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and reboot your system.
It should now work with all cores, you don't have to specify cpus=1 anymore.

Good luck!

Motherboard
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thank you, cpus=1 moved me to another problam - black screen with "no signal" so I have to use nvidia injection and installation seems to be ok :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.