nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have a Mac Pro 1,1 (now 2,1) and I'm a very satisfied user of Chameleon with Mountain Lion, after following the steps pointed out by Jabbawok.
Everything is working great, apart from a problem that happens only after putting my Mac to sleep and awakening it: if I connect an external USB device (audio, pen drive, iPhone, etc.), I experience a kernel panic.
No problem if I don't put the Mac to sleep.
Any idea?
Thank you

Hello chadthman,
I've tried to install (on a clone of the main hard disk, which I use for experiments) the Legacy USB Support from Multibeast, but it doesn't help.
Thank you anyway.

I've just updated to 10.8.3: Sleep is working, but the problem I had before, with 10.8.2, persists: after connecting any USB device, my Mac freezes.
The only difference is that now I don't see anymore the grey screen of death, but the frozen desktop.
Anyone can help?

Mac Pro 1,1, with 2 Intel X5355, 16 GB of RAM, upgraded EFI and SMC firmware (so now 2,1 and 1.15f3), booting in 64 bit mode using Chameleon bootloader, and following the Jabbawok's method.

It's curious! :)
After the recent update to 10.8.3, everything was working fine, but the problem I had before, with 10.8.2, was persisting, because after connecting any USB device, my Mac froze.
The only difference was that I didn't see anymore the grey screen of death, but a frozen desktop.
So I tried to boot in verbose mode and… magically the problem disappeared! :)
Now after awakening my Mac, I can connect any USB device, without any problem.
(With 10.8.2 booting in verbose was not use.)
At the moment I'll continue to boot in verbose mode, even if it is rather intimidating, with those hundreds of lines of commands during the bootup process.
I found this post for a very similar problem:
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5093
in which I can read the problem seems "related to way mkexts/kexts get loaded".
Any idea?

Thank you

Finally I solved the problem with a clean installation of the system!
grin.gif

Now, after 3 weeks, I can cry Victory without the fear that it's too soon.
Anyway it's important that I boot Chameleon with the boot flag -f and using Kernel cache:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=courier]   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>-f</string>
   <key>UseKernelCache</key>
   <string>Yes</string>[/FONT][/COLOR]
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back