Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It seems like I am always getting Kernel Panics when I shutdown my Mac.

I don't know why it's occurring. I followed the build similar to TonyMac:

i7-930
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Gigabyte Radeon 5770 "Bat Mobile"
Sony DVD Burner
1TB Sony F3 HDD

Installed the Kexts and DSDT files with success.

I've tried repairing my permissions and restarting my computer—and it runs fine. However, once I shut down my computer, that's when it continues to Kernel Panic on me.

Can someone please lend me some advice on how to fix this? Is this something wrong with my Bios settings? Do I need to get it updated? If so, how would that work and whether it's safe to do? My motherboard is Rev. 2.0.

I appreciate the all incredible of effort from the forums. Its amazing.

I am also getting kernel panics at shutdown.

I run fix permissions and clear cache's through onyx.

I also do the system utilities in multibeast.

Each one of the above, seperately between shutdown tests to make sure one program's doings is not affecting the other.

I restart first after running the program and then try a shutdown.

The first shutdown is fine. I go woopie!!
Every shutdown after that, kernel panic. I go :confused: :crazy: :x :evil:

So im cluecless. What could it be? :(

i was getting KPs at shutdown (and in some other situations) after the computer had been put to sleep and woken up. is the situation for you, or is it with every shutdown, even if the computer hasn't slept?

the way i was able to fix it was by deleting my /extra folder and re-installing my dsdt and stuff from multibeast. it's worth a shot to see if it fixes it for you.

newtron said:
i was getting KPs at shutdown (and in some other situations) after the computer had been put to sleep and woken up. is the situation for you, or is it with every shutdown, even if the computer hasn't slept?

the way i was able to fix it was by deleting my /extra folder and re-installing my dsdt and stuff from multibeast. it's worth a shot to see if it fixes it for you.

No I don't even use the sleep feature right now.
Its with every shutdown.

I deleted extra folder, ran multi-beast and tried again and nothing. still kernil panics with shutdown. :(

Thanks though.

I am in the same boat, almost everyhtime I shutdown I get this KP, see attached pic

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back