Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK H270 Pro4
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 670
Folks—I know people have successfully installed on an Optiplex 960, but I can't get a single thing to make it to the start of install without a KP and immediate reboot. I've tried every OS down to Snow Leopard with no success—each, regardless of bootloader (have tried both Chameleon and Clover) immediately resets upon attempting to load the installer.

Clover delivers a string of plus signs and then resets, while Chameleon successfully loads files before failing immediately after "Starting Darwin x86_64."

System is a Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 with 4GB of RAM (have already run diagnostics and the RAM is fine; have also tried configurations from one to four sticks of it) and have tried both with the integrated 4500 and a separate Radeon 4670. Intel Q45 chipset.

Again, I see several people have successfully installed—and have followed others' instructions on previous OSes, like Mavericks, to a T, but with no success. I've attached the Clover-created DSDT.

I'd prefer to get El Capitan running on this system, but at this point I'll take anything that works. It's very curious how OSes 10.8-10.11 all fail in the same manner, which suggests to be there is something specifically wrong—but I successfully installed Ubuntu 16.04 on the system, so it's not a hardware problem that I can tell.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    21.8 KB · Views: 101
To follow up, I have already done the standard change hard drives to AHCI mode, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back