Contribute
Register

Kernel panic after using Multibeast 5.2.1. - Mountain Lion 10.8.2 - Asus Sabertooth Z77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[h=3]Hey guys, I'm almost getting this done.I'm just having one problem...
I'm having kernel panic after using multibeast...
If i dont use multibeast it it's all good except the audio... But i'll need to have the ML usb flash drive there forever... >: /

Do you guys know what is it? I don't know what multibeast is doing wrong....
My ML is the 10.8.2 and MultiBeast - 5.2.1.

If you guys can help me out with it I would be very thankful.

Thanks anyways.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
VideoCard: Nvidia GTX 670
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77[/h]

hey i am having a similar issue and we have almost the same setup. i am stuck at multi beast configuration and post installation. I Am going to flash my bios with a patched bios for my board to save me the nullcpupowermanagment.kext trouble although i am still stuck at what multi-beast configuration is needed to not have to boot using safe mode, also i would like to get my audio card working and wi-fi card working.

Hi!

1) Download an up-to-date chameleon package: go for www.kexts.com to find it. Preferentially, chameleon 2.2 rev. 2170 or newer. Run the package, pointing the installation to your main OSX HDD. Under "customize", remember to install only the bootloader, unchecking all other boxes. Voilà, you'll be able to boot without the USB stick. Use the boot flags you already use.

2) For the audio, refer to your motherboard manual and find out which audio codec it uses (i.e.: Realtek ALC 887, etc). Go back to www.kexts.com and search for a patched AppleHDA for your specific code. If you don't find it, search for an up-to-date VoodooHDA.kext in the same site.

Good luck!

I greatly appreciate your knowledge and i am going to try what you have told me to do tonight, you have motivated me to do so. I tried to flash a patched bios from another guide on the site for my board and now i can make it through installation but upon boot to ML using verbose it gets stuck and says power management issue and may be corruption so i am going to flash Unmoddified bios and try to get back into ML so i can try what you have suggested. Will get back to you in an Hour or so.

I was successful in re-flashing my bios to manufacture bios booted from unibeast drive and re installed ML after partitioning my ocz drive and booted into ML using -v -x now that im booted into ML i am updating the software using app store and downloading the Nvidia Cuda Driver for my GTX670 then im going to download the chimera
Chameleon-2.2svn-r2183.pkg and then find an audio kext for alc892. should i still install multibeast

I was successful in re-flashing my bios to manufacture bios booted from unibeast drive and re installed ML after partitioning my ocz drive and booted into ML using -v -x now that im booted into ML i am updating the software using app store and downloading the Nvidia Cuda Driver for my GTX670 then im going to download the chimera
Chameleon-2.2svn-r2183.pkg and then find an audio kext for alc892. should i still install multibeast

Have u tried using a patched bios?
Try my method http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...bertooth-z77-i5-3570k-xfx-hd-6870-g5-mod.html

Hi, Julian!

Sorry it took me so long to answer: i lost track of your thread. Anyway, i think you perhaps should install the multipet, but doing a step-by-step approach: one driver a time, even if you have to run it a lot of times. If at any point your system presents problems, you can undo the last step you made (for an example, booting with -s and deleting the last driver installed).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back