Contribute
Register

Kernel panic after updating Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your image shows extra characters displayed on the screen.
I cannot tell if they are affecting the boot arguments - nv_disiable=1 should be nv_disable=1.

I would detach your extra drives and anything else that is not essential then try again.

Your image shows extra characters displayed on the screen.
I cannot tell if they are affecting the boot arguments - nv_disiable=1 should be nv_disable=1.

I would detach your extra drives and anything else that is not essential then try again.

Yeah, I noticed that but I am 100% sure I did not make a typo. If you look closely at other words in my kernel panic, they are messed up as well.

Yeah, I noticed that but I am 100% sure I did not make a typo. If you look closely at other words in my kernel panic, they are messed up as well.
Yes, that's what I was saying.
I don't think that they are typos but are they being accepted as what you typed or what appears on the screen ?
There is no way to know.

Hahah oh well... So how now further? :p

Trying the following, reporting in a sec -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-gtx-260-sierra.202912/

This worked. Could install Sierra. However, I 'forgot' to install the NVDAStartup kext with kextbeast - it could not boot from the install disk. No problem I thought; lets just boot from USB. Well, same NVDAStartup kernel panic.

Edit: Disabling Nvidia inject allows me to boot. However, no graphics acceleration. Anyone know how to get that to work? Reporting back if I find a solution.

Edit 2: Well, perhaps I should have turned of nv_disable=1 :lol:

Boots fine now! Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back