and using flag
-x
-v
-f
pcirootuid=1
graphicsenabler=no

thanks for your helping....

-regards-

Not sure what you are trying to do here. Can you explain?

Are you trying to clone and existing "working" system drive and install it into a new machine?

RTK said:
Not sure what you are trying to do here. Can you explain?

Are you trying to clone and existing "working" system drive and install it into a new machine?

Hello RTK,

thanks for replying on my thread....
yes...I'm cloning my working SL partition for exchange new
drive on same system...but cannot booting from the new drive..
unfortunately I've reformat the old drive...

But.....now I found the cause and the solution ( I'm running hackintosh again
.....hahaaa)

I've learned the hard way that my bootloader (chimera) doesn't included from the
backup using the CCC..
So I've manually added bootloader using terminal from the SL installation...

The only question from me now...how does we can concluded the bootloader
during cloning system partition...maybe setting from the CCC?
As I'm aware...I'm cloning only the system partition cause my old drive
consist few of partition...if doing disk cloning maybe the bootloader
included.

CCC and Super Duper are written for OS X. The program assumes that your drive is in a real Mac. If you were using a real mac, the clone would've been bootable.

For a hackintosh, you just need to install the bootloader on the clone (ultimately this is what you did). You can easily do this with MultiBeast from the original system.

1) Make clone with CCC
2) Run MultiBeast and install Chimera on the clone
3) Shutdown, replace original drive with clone.
4) Boot computer and you should be good to go.

RTK said:
CCC and Super Duper are written for OS X. The program assumes that your drive is in a real Mac. If you were using a real mac, the clone would've been bootable.

For a hackintosh, you just need to install the bootloader on the clone (ultimately this is what you did). You can easily do this with MultiBeast from the original system.

1) Make clone with CCC
2) Run MultiBeast and install Chimera on the clone
3) Shutdown, replace original drive with clone.
4) Boot computer and you should be good to go.

hello rtk...thanks for redirect me...

but for my case I'm doing cloning to image (dmg format)...
because I the ease of portability...how I can do that..
thanks in advance.

bfu9278 said:
because I the ease of portability
What does that mean? You need your image to be portable? Where are you taking it?
:?: :?: :?:
Just clone your working install to your new hard drive. You do not need to make an image.

RTK said:
bfu9278 said:
because I the ease of portability
What does that mean? You need your image to be portable? Where are you taking it?
:?: :?: :?:
Just clone your working install to your new hard drive. You do not need to make an image.

I've bad experience back then in windows when my OS being corrupt/hardware failed and there is no complete backup been made...I've to reinstall/re-update OS/application all the system back to the state before the "disaster"...then from that time I learned how important there is image/backup of the system.

From that I try adapt the method to my hackintosh machine,the pain is on
reinstall/re-update OS/application especially when internet connection was slow.

So here is the point...I'm trying to make my backup as reliable as possible....meaning
portable is, the image will be store on external media meanwhile the image cannot be
corrupted by others operation (in this case dmg format)/using the external media to
others purpose.

And back to my question...I'm trying to create the image(dmg) that can be
restore complete with the bootloader....
can I just create normal system backup(not dmg), install bootloader on it
(as you suggest)...then create dmg format from the backup (complete with bootloader) folder...any chance...?
is it still reliable...

thanks...

bfu9278 said:
And back to my question...I'm trying to create the image(dmg) that can be
restore complete with the bootloader....
can I just create normal system backup(not dmg), install bootloader on it
(as you suggest)...then create dmg format from the backup (complete with bootloader) folder...any chance...?
I don't think you will get "bootloader" functionality from any backup that you do via a .dmg file. The restore procedure (using OS X software) assumes that you are restoring to a real Mac, not a Hack. As I stated previously, on a real Mac your .dmg restore would probably be bootable. However, since Mac and Hack boot differently, you need to manually install the bootloader on your Hack to restore full boot functionality.

Why not follow the steps that I gave above, then just store your "clone" off site and away from the "others" that could damage it? When needed you just retrieve your clone and restore the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back