Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to install the kext from your bootable USB drive using the terminal. I don't know how, but I had to do it with an older build of mine a few years ago.

First I would try to get it running on a separate HD, clone that, and then work through your Fusion Setup. That will be one less complicating factor. My build broke with the new OS due to the Fusion Drive, I just had to reinstall the boot file on both volumes. Sounds like your problem is a little more complex though.

I had the same problem.

My solution is. At the start up, on the boot screen type:

cpus=1

The will stop the panic screen.

For a permanent solution, open org.chameleon.Boot.plist, this is located in /Extra. And add:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>cpus=1</string>

This worked for me.

Hi,

on my GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 copying the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to S/L/E fixed the kernel panic on 10.9.0,
however I can't manage the sleep to work.
It goes to sleep, but after waking it up the spinning beach ball of death happens.

Sleep/wake on my hack was ok till 10.8.4.
After updating to 10.8.5 I lost the sleep/wake functionality as described above.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I have a similar board (Z68MA-D2H-B3) (on Bios 10) and also the same 6870 display card. I got the same problem of KP in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext. I can get rid of it with patching the kext or installing nullcpu but I don't want to settle for less since on Moutain Lion I was able get sleep working.
Finally I checked the SSDT for Sandybridge i7 (I never bothered to check it on ML even my CPU is i7-2600k) in multi beast and everything starts to work with no hacks in the kext or nullcpu.

Worth a try, I think it boots faster now too

I had the same problem, I even reinstalled in case I had screwed something but had the same issue, as it turns out it was down to the SSDT I was selecting. I was selecting "Sandy Bridge Core i7" as I never over clock so it seemed it should be fine, however it wasn't for whatever reason. Instead I selected "Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclocked". I also checked DropSSDT and Generate CPU States in Boot Options, and I did NOT use either NullCPUPowerManagement OR the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. After that it worked straight away with no problems.

Incidentally, when I had that error, I was unable to boot into Mavericks directly even with -x although I was still able to boot into Mavericks by booting with the USB Installer, selecting my installed Mavericks as the boot drive and using -v -x for safe boot with verbose, where I was able to make the changes as needed.

Thank you so much, it worked!

I don't understand what Kexts are,or what they do. What are these applehda kexts, and how will it fixa kernel panic. Thanks, please Reply!

aznstyle:

I did this again this morning.....and drum rolll........it worked!!! HACK HAPPY!!!

Thanks so much for reading and replying.

Yesterday was eventful. 13 hours of trial and error and I'm finally up and running. SCHWEETNESS!!!

Thanks to all how chimed in with suggestions! You people ROCK!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

---

I have a similar problem, but type 13: general - is shown on the kerne pan
ic. Please help.

I had the same problem.

My solution is. At the start up, on the boot screen type:

cpus=1

The will stop the panic screen.

For a permanent solution, open org.chameleon.Boot.plist, this is located in /Extra. And add:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>cpus=1</string>

This worked for me.

I did this and it worked but.

I got rid of kernel mach_kernel and put Kernel cpus=1 so I wrote it wrong and now when i boot i get can't find cpus=1

any ideas of what to do? i'm trying to boot into windows to see if i can edit the boot list and fix what i wrote.

Any solution to this? My machine keeps KPing when I try to boot from Chimera. Seems to work when loading the chimera that is on the thumb drive, though. Oddly, I did the advice in the other thread, but by the time I boot back into OSX, the two copied files are missing from my Extra folder.

The necessary files are in the Unibeast drive. You can copy them from the terminal.
Boot into the installer and click on Utilities->Terminal
write command: diskutil list
to list all your drives and their names then to copy:
cp -r /Volumes/(name of your Unibeast drive)/Extra/Extensions/'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext' /Volumes/(name of your Mavericks disk)/System/Library/Extensions/

To navigate to your USB or your Installed disk use command : cd /Volumes/(drive name)
To show files in current directory use : ls -al

You can copy any kext you want this way.
Hope it helps

You are a saint. Thank you so much for this help and the walk-through of using Terminal to fix it. I didn't have access to another computer to download the updated AppleCPUManager kext, and moving the Null kext via Terminal got my Hackintosh up and running perfectly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back