Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever you update you need to copy over patched items once again
I usually have windows on another hard drive and boot into windows and manipulate files from there
sounds like you need the newer patched appleintelcpumanagemnt.kext for mavericks, just copy it into System/Library/Extensions

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    85.7 KB · Views: 847
whenever you update you need to copy over patched items once again
I usually have windows on another hard drive and boot into windows and manipulate files from there
sounds like you need the newer patched appleintelcpumanagemnt.kext for mavericks, just copy it into System/Library/Extensions

Thanks.....I have a Windows drive in my rig..... but I can't do what you're suggesting because my OSX drive's a Fusion drive and I can't write or even see it when I'm in Windows.

Earlier today I tried using MacDrive Pro to mount Fusion but it didn't work.

Any other options you can suggest?

:banghead:

The necessary files are in the Unibeast drive. You can copy them from the terminal.
Boot into the installer and click on Utilities->Terminal
write command: diskutil list
to list all your drives and their names then to copy:
cp -r /Volumes/(name of your Unibeast drive)/Extra/Extensions/'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext' /Volumes/(name of your Mavericks disk)/System/Library/Extensions/

To navigate to your USB or your Installed disk use command : cd /Volumes/(drive name)
To show files in current directory use : ls -al

You can copy any kext you want this way.
Hope it helps

The necessary files are in the Unibeast drive. You can copy them from the terminal.
cp -r /Volumes/(name of your Unibeast drive)/Extra/Extensions/'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext' /Volumes/(name of your Mavericks disk)/System/Library/Extensions/

To navigate to your USB or your Installed disk use command : cd /Volumes/(drive name)

Hope it helps

Okay. Thanks. I'll try it now and let you know.

Rick

Okay. Thanks. I'll try it now and let you know.

Rick

Bummer. Didn't work. Still getting the same kext error. I must have done something wrong. I've gotta put this down for the night......

Thanks for your help though. Really appreciate it.

I'll try again tomorrow.:beachball:

I had the same problem, I even reinstalled in case I had screwed something but had the same issue, as it turns out it was down to the SSDT I was selecting. I was selecting "Sandy Bridge Core i7" as I never over clock so it seemed it should be fine, however it wasn't for whatever reason. Instead I selected "Sandy Bridge Core i5 / i7 Overclocked". I also checked DropSSDT and Generate CPU States in Boot Options, and I did NOT use either NullCPUPowerManagement OR the Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. After that it worked straight away with no problems.

Incidentally, when I had that error, I was unable to boot into Mavericks directly even with -x although I was still able to boot into Mavericks by booting with the USB Installer, selecting my installed Mavericks as the boot drive and using -v -x for safe boot with verbose, where I was able to make the changes as needed.

I had an identical error, but fixed it thanks to the wonderful and kind help from you guys.

All I had to do was simply take the AppleCPUPowerManagment kext (the one posted in this forum) as well as the NullCPUPowerManagment kext (the one from the USB installer) and copy them the kext folder on my Mavericks drive. After I reset I booted up an voila, fully functional Mavericks installation. Thank you guys so much.

Hope it helps

aznstyle:

I did this again this morning.....and drum rolll........it worked!!! HACK HAPPY!!!

Thanks so much for reading and replying.

Yesterday was eventful. 13 hours of trial and error and I'm finally up and running. SCHWEETNESS!!!

Thanks to all how chimed in with suggestions! You people ROCK!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it helps

aznstyle:

I did this again this morning.....and drum rolll........it worked!!! HACK HAPPY!!!

Thanks so much for reading and replying.

Yesterday was eventful. 13 hours of trial and error and I'm finally up and running. SCHWEETNESS!!!

Thanks to all how chimed in with suggestions! You people ROCK!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

I got the same panic when I updated to Mavericks on my rig. What I had to do was boot into the installer and then use the console to rename the AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext and that let me boot my OS X install again. But I do not know how Fusion works or if you can get to the OS X drive though the Console that way. But it did fix the problem for now. I just have not checked on a updated kext yet had not had the time and since I do not put my rigs to sleep any way I have not worried about it anyway since my system is working very good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back