Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after chimera/multibeast update, ASAP for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I updated both of these things and now I get this panic everytime I start up, I had techs install this for me so I'm not sure where to begin.

Specs

x79 Asus Pro, 3930k
Nvidia 560 NON TI

I'm bypassing the sound with a pre amp/interface.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Panic.jpeg
    Panic.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 366
I would like to know if re-installing is my only option, or if Lion Osx is still accessible. I don't have my drive backed up.

My shitty DVI to HDMI chord was accidentally unplugged and then later would not find the right resolution, unlike my separate Windows 7 drive. I should have tried a hdmi - hdmi chord first before updating multibeast.

It looks like it's panicking on digidesign.kext. Try removing it.

I haven't tried safe mode, not sure how to access that with OSX.

As for multi beast, I have no idea how to boot from it and access Lion OSX

The Digidesign next is Pro Tools 10 software for audio engineering. I didn't update it at all so there is no reason why it should be causing this :S

markgerazzi said:
I haven't tried safe mode, not sure how to access that with OSX.

As for multi beast, I have no idea how to boot from it and access Lion OSX

The Digidesign next is Pro Tools 10 software for audio engineering. I didn't update it at all so there is no reason why it should be causing this :S

Boot with UseKernelCache=no

I had something similar happen...

boot with UseKernelCache=no?

Am I doing this at the boot loader screen? Where I can press any key to enter boot loader settings? Do I just type this in and hit enter?

Cannot enter safe mode after kernel panic, ASAP for work.

Sorry I should have stated that I'm already at that notorious screen, where I can either let OSX load or press any key to have more options. After pressing a key, I typed -x to boot in safe mode, this just gave me the white apple screen with continuous loading, no kernel panics.

Unfortunately I don't have that flash drive since this was done for me.

I can easily press F8 to access the boot loader screen, which is what I do to access my windows 7 separate drive, so I'm not sure how using multi beast will help in this situation.

Safe mode seemed to be my only bed in fixing the kexts

I just downloaded rBoot from this site and burned the iso to disc, after entering the bios and booting from disc I am taken to the familiar tonymac menu, now when I select boot and press enter I see this message: "can't find mach_kernal"

Any ideas?

I've had to reset this machine so many times, it's unhealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back