GTX 980 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've managed to get my kit up and working, even have iCloud installed. But, I'm now seeing kernel panics after a few minutes or so, repeatedly. I don't know even where to start here - any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Orangezorki said:
Hello,

I've managed to get my kit up and working, even have iCloud installed. But, I'm now seeing kernel panics after a few minutes or so, repeatedly. I don't know even where to start here - any ideas?

Thanks,

David
Please show us screen shots of the KP.

All I get is the grey 'curtain' coming down, and the "You need to restart" message in multiple languages - no other codes or anything. Often, I'm just browsing the web, not doing anything special. Is there a way I can find out why it crashed when I restart?

David

Orangezorki said:
All I get is the grey 'curtain' coming down, and the "You need to restart" message in multiple languages - no other codes or anything. Often, I'm just browsing the web, not doing anything special. Is there a way I can find out why it crashed when I restart?

David
Laptop or desktop? You are suing 10.7.2 right?

Yup, using 10.2.7

It's a desktop, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, 16GB ram, Radeon 6870, Intel 300SSD. Used Unibeast to install, and only saw kernel panics after installing multibeast.

Thanks again,

David.

I'm also coming across Kernel Panic error after few minutes. Somebody help please

Orangezorki said:
Yup, using 10.2.7

It's a desktop, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, 16GB ram, Radeon 6870, Intel 300SSD. Used Unibeast to install, and only saw kernel panics after installing multibeast.

Thanks again,

David.
Do as Yahya said before, show kernel panic screen shot and post it, try boot with verbose mode and show what was making your system KP. that can make your problem known and identified well. we will help you if we could know the problem.

How to get verbose mode?

Attachments

• IMG_20111112_112406.jpg
    IMG_20111112_112406.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 207
On a Legit mac you do the following:

Starting up in single-user or verbose mode

1. Shut down your Mac if it is on.
2. Press the power button to start the computer.
3. Immediately press and hold the Command (Apple) key and one of the following:
the "s" key for single-user mode. (Command-S)
the "v" key for verbose mode. (Command-V)

On a Customac, when Chimera appears, hit <space> to get the command line box to appear, then hit <-v> (Hyphen V)

Hope that helps. I too am getting KP's but apparently caused by Transmission. I'll post what i can discover.

Cheers

cw

In the Chimera boot loader screen, interrupt the progress bar with any key, and press the down arrow to get the menu. Choose the boot verbose option.

Or add the following to your org.chameleon.boot.plist file in the Extras folder:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>

Also, are you guys OCing your CPU or ram, and/or choosing the correct system definition? MacPro3,1 is the default. May not always work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back