Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After updating from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5 using the App Store, I would get kernel panics during startup about 75% of the time. This is really annoying and I want to know if there's a solution. Sometimes, I would get a white screen or an automatic restart instead of a kernel panic. I successfully boot into the OS 25% of the time. When I use verbose mode, it just freezes in random spots. Safe mode works 100% of the time, but I don't want to boot to safe mode every day. Please help!

Kernel Panic Error (part of it):
IOUSB Composite

This is the kernel panic I get during startup:

IMG_0251.jpg

It happens less often if I use the boot flag: UseKernelCache=No, but I am more likely to get a white screen instead.

I'm getting that problem too. But i installed the update without any problems. It was only when i did a new build with Multibeast 6.5 that it began.

but in my case i believe is gpu ( GTX760 ) since in the kernel panic error messa i see the nvda_drv standing out... Bummer :x

Just to say that i was able to fix my problem. Just had to re-install the Nvidia web drivers and the Cuda drivers ( just to be safe )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back