Contribute
Register

Kernel Extensions in backtrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply!

I tried both "-v PCIRootUID=1 DropSSDT=Yes" and "-v DropSSDT=Yes".
Same error message (backtrace AppleEFINVRAM ...)

Any other ideas?

Ok, will try this.
But I'm wondering why nobody else has/had this problem before.
Is there any method to fix backtrace errors in general?

Ok, will try this.
But I'm wondering why nobody else has/had this problem before.
Is there any method to fix backtrace errors in general?

Booting old versions of OS X on modern hardware is always a challenge.

Ok, good to know. Thank you for your help! ;)

Just saw it: I do not have SL DVD MC573Z/A, I own MC573D/A (Germany). Does it matter?

Hot dog! I've been getting the exact EFI kernel panics trying to install SL on my ASUS X555LAB. (My old 32 bit Mac can't download any versions newer than SL.) I also tried iBoot legacy, and was able to get the Snow Leopard retail dive to install just like the instructions said! But now, there is a new problem:

When I install 10.6.3 using multibeast (easy beast) I first need to set boot1h bs=4096 because of 4K HDD. That works no problem. But when I try to boot from the Snow Leopard HDD like normal, it only brings up the gray apple logo splash screen and freezes. -v only works for a page or two, and then goes to black screen with no kernel panic. Before it goes blank, I do see "ACPI table not found" flash by. My BIOS is set to ACHI. ????

And THANKS FOR THIS THREAD!

Hi,

I read about your 4k hdd and found out that I have 4k too. So I need to patch this boot1h file, am I right? How to do this?

1. Can I do this with Linux (dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sda2), because I have no USB 2.0 to copy from USB stick
2. Will it fix my "iBoot not showing HDD" error?

OR

Is it better to use an SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back