Contribute
Register

Kernal Panic After a few days of fresh re-install OSX 10.9 AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp pro book 4540s
CPU
Core i3
Graphics
Hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
For some reasons this happened when I decided to re-turn on the Probook 4540s after having previously using it for 40 minutes and haven been shutdown for over 2 hours.

TADAAAAAH:
KP.jpg

what I did:
I did shutdown the laptop, removed the battery, held the power button for 30 seconds [HENCE DOING THE EC TRICK], re-connected everything and power on and now I am writing this post now.
after re-booting I also ran Kext Wizard and ran this:

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 13.25.51.png

WHY GETTING KP?! WHAT IS IT SAYING? WHAT CAN I DO NOT TO GET IT IN FUTURE?

THANX A MILLION GUYS

ps. I am going to re-boot again and see if it chocks, again!!

Correction: Osx 10.9.1

Hi,
For some reasons this happened when I decided to re-turn on the Probook 4540s after having previously using it for 40 minutes and haven been shutdown for over 2 hours.

TADAAAAAH:
View attachment 84149

what I did:
I did shutdown the laptop, removed the battery, held the power button for 30 seconds [HENCE DOING THE EC TRICK], re-connected everything and power on and now I am writing this post now.
after re-booting I also ran Kext Wizard and ran this:

View attachment 84150

WHY GETTING KP?! WHAT IS IT SAYING? WHAT CAN I DO NOT TO GET IT IN FUTURE?

THANX A MILLION GUYS

ps. I am going to re-boot again and see if it chocks, again!!

First, make sure you're booting from your HDD, never using Unibeast USB... Booting with the Unibeast USB can put the KBC in a weird state (due to conflicting ps2 drivers on USB vs. HDD).

Then, shutdown, do EC reset. Then boot ignoring caches (-f). Then rebuild cache. Then boot normally.

Also, if this was happening after "sleep" make sure you have hibernation disabled with "Sleep Image Fix" from the ProBook Installer. Hibernation does not work well on hacks and should be disabled.

First, make sure you're booting from your HDD, never using Unibeast USB... Booting with the Unibeast USB can put the KBC in a weird state (due to conflicting ps2 drivers on USB vs. HDD).

Then, shutdown, do EC reset. Then boot ignoring caches (-f). Then rebuild cache. Then boot normally.

Also, if this was happening after "sleep" make sure you have hibernation disabled with "Sleep Image Fix" from the ProBook Installer. Hibernation does not work well on hacks and should be disabled.

Thanx for your input RehabMan?
as to your comments:

- I am booting from HD
- I did EC reset after a shutting down, once restarted after the KP, I rebuilt the Cache.
- It did not happen after sleep mode, it happened after complete shutdown, followed by two hours rest and then switch on.

I have a few questions:
- Since I have used PBI 6.1.12, is the driver or kext for the touchpad up to date? Mainly because it has referenced voodoo in the kernel panic!
- What was the nature of Kernal Panic, what message was displaying?
-

as to your recommendation above, -f is a boot flag right? prior to booting to Macintosh HDD to i just type -f without the commas?

thanx

- I did EC reset after a shutting down, once restarted after the KP, I rebuilt the Cache.

Better to rebuild cache after booting with "-f"...

- Since I have used PBI 6.1.12, is the driver or kext for the touchpad up to date? Mainly because it has referenced voodoo in the kernel panic!

The current version is 1.8.10.

- What was the nature of Kernal Panic, what message was displaying?
-

The driver is crashing on startup. This happens when kernel cache is corrupt or not loaded correctly. I'm not sure why that happens, but it is common after kext updates, which is why I suggest booting "-f" (ignore cache) then rebuilding cache.

Better to rebuild cache after booting with "-f"...

The current version is 1.8.10.

The driver is crashing on startup. This happens when kernel cache is corrupt or not loaded correctly. I'm not sure why that happens, but it is common after kext updates, which is why I suggest booting "-f" (ignore cache) then rebuilding cache.

Hi again,
right, I am going to restart, in Chameleon prior to booting OSX, I will click a key, choose Macintosh hdd then boot with the following flag -f, then rebuild cache.

BRB.

I will let you updated.

RehabMan, Thanx, I have done what you have instructed me to up until the end of th -f, rebuild cache and reboot.
hopefully that KP will not show up again, or will it?

I have never had problem from waking up from sleep (the pro book), so I have not applied anything with regards to sleep fix etc.

I will observe the behaviour of the pro book in the coming days and well keep you updated!

hopefully that KP will not show up again, or will it?

My crystal ball is out of batteries this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back