Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys.... trying to install lion on my hackintosh but i can't get passes the apple logo it keeps freezing at that point... any suggestions why this is happening?

really need some help guys! all i get is the apple logo and the loading wheel stops spinning....

Hey Guys, to get help you need to provide more specifics. There are a wide range of things that can cause the hanging up you mention. Reboot with boot flag -v. that will give you much more information on what is hanging you up. Take a picture and post that along with the details of the system you are trying to install on. Then you'll get more help.

Good luck,

codemonkey said:
I took pictures and posted everything I've tried so far with no responses.

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=58154

I got hung up on the same screen. You should give us more info about your system to work with such as your mobo. I ended up getting past that screen by.

1. Removing Radeon 6850
2. Removing any PCIe Wireless adapter
3. Removing front HD Audio connector on Mobo
3. Removing front USB connector on Mobo

Then, booting up on Intel HD3000, I used -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No to install Lion.

After Installation, I plug everything back, boot using PCIRootUID=1

All of this is based on my system, but I got hung on the same screen as the first one you posted. So try it, although YMMV

My CPU is an intel i3, my motherboard is a gigabyte Sx2840 bios version p01-b0 and my graphics card is an nvidia geforce 9400. I had 6 gigs of ram but I took 2 out just in case. The computer has onboard graphics but it's wasn't compatible when I set up the hackintosh in the first place so I'm thinking that taking out the graphics card is probably a bad idea. I guess I'll try those boot flags and see what happens (is there a list of those anywhere?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back