Contribute
Register

Keep getting Slash out sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuji22 said:
Install Disk seems ok. No other way to test your hard drive. Just borrow a spare from someone. Are there any other hard drive attached to this computer ?

No, I disconnected all my other drives.

I did try to install 10.6 onto my Macbook, it started to install for about 15min then it rebooted my laptop but it didn't install 10.6.

My initial response seems to be pointing in the right direction about the install disk. You might need to purchase a new install OS disk from Apple. This is not cast in stone but wait and see what other members think about this before purchasing a new disk.

yuji22 said:
My initial response seems to be pointing in the right direction about the install disk. You might need to purchase a new install OS disk from Apple. This is not cast in stone but wait and see what other members think about this before purchasing a new disk.

I'll sit on it for a bit. Thanks for the help man. :D

Triple check that your bios isn't resting you settings back to IDE I had the same problem but on lion post install.

I was having the same problem after i updated to 10.7.4... Checked the BIOS and everything had reset ... ACHI to IDE... 480Mb to 64MB ... This forum is a life saver, i almost started over from scratch!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back