Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I keep trying to install 10.6. I get to the apple screen then it loads for a sec and a little slash out (like no smoking) sign appears near the apple logo.

Can someone help me?

Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MOBO
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Intel Core i7-2600K

I'm using the OS X Leopard family pack install disk.

Free Boot said:
You need to use Snow Leopard. The methods from this forum do not work with Leopard.

See FAQ #10 faq.php#f0r9

RTK said:
Free Boot said:
You need to use Snow Leopard. The methods from this forum do not work with Leopard.

See FAQ #10 faq.php#f0r9

Sorry, I'm using Snow leopard family pack 10.6.3

forgot to add 10.6 at my last post.

Did you set Bios to ACHI in settings ?

yuji22 said:
Did you set Bios to ACHI in settings ?

Yes, I set everything in the BIOS to the same settings shown in TonyMac's guide. I also tried entering the different codes at the Iboot screen.

Reboot and double check your bios to confirm that ACHI is set. Are you using a SSD or sata HDD ?

yuji22 said:
Reboot and double check your bios to confirm that ACHI is set. Are you using a SSD or sata HDD ?

I rechecked everything a few times and still got the same result. One of the times a tied booting with the -v command and it said there was an unexpected PS/2 error so i switched to a USB keyboard but still got the slash sign above the apple boot screen.

I'm using a 160GB WD Caviar Blue HDD.

I could be wrong but this seems to be pointing in the direction of your hard drive or install disk. Can you try another hard drive ? Are you using an original Install disk ? These are two possible options.

yuji22 said:
I could be wrong but this seems to be pointing in the direction of your hard drive or install disk. Can you try another hard drive ? Are you using an original Install disk ? These are two possible options.

I'm using a retail copy of 10.6 (family pack) from apples site. Is there any good way to test my HDD? my only other drives are being used for my Window 7 RAID 0 set up.

Install Disk seems ok. No other way to test your hard drive. Just borrow a spare from someone. Are there any other hard drive attached to this computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back