2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi guys,

i have build a new "hack" with the Asus Strix Z270F Gaming und i7 7700K
Followed some guides / threads here. Everything works fine, exept the chassis and CPU fan runs in full speed mode.
I read that "cpusensors.kext" will not work with Kaby Lake. In the BIOS setup fans a lowered down (silent) but under OSX they run very fast.

Any advises for me to spin them down?

Thank you!

On pages 52 and 53 of the manual from Asus' site, there are options to change 'Q Fan' mode for CPU and Chassis fans separately. Some combination of settings should leave control of the fans to the firmware.

If Q-Fan is turned on and the fans are spinning up when macOS starts, turn Q-Fan off.

Any files in /clover/acpi/patched?

no, no files. Should files be there for KabyLake CPU?
Not necessarily, but if there were making changes in firmware settings may not have any effect.
Workaround for me now: i installed latest hwsensors from website, removed gpusensors (GTX 1080) and used "TG PRO" for fan control with overwriting defaults (system). now i have a silent hack :)
On real macs the fans are controlled by the SMC so maybe it is a combination of the kaby lake hardware and fake smc-related software causing the problem. At least you managed to silence the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back