Asrock Z270 Supercarrier
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I am pulling my hair out trying to fix an issue with UHD 630 and dual monitor setup. After following FB patching guide and a lot of trial and error I've managed to get a semi-working config which works if I leave the HDMI port plugged and only plug the DP port after the system has booted and settled. I then get flawless dual-monitor setup working (Correct EDIDs, mirroring & spanning work, QE/CI). If I leave both ports plugged in, I get both screens working until the kernel booting hits WEG or something, then DP screen turns off and stays off. After HDMI has turned on and MacOS has booted, HDMI screen starts flickering after approximately 30 seconds.

Everything works fine if I plug the DisplayPort monitor after the system has fully booted and 30 seconds have passed since MacOS desktop appeared.
I've tried different BusID settings, shuffling connectors/indexes around, EDID injection, force-online, agdp, etc. but to no avail.

For some weird reason, the only way I can get both ports working at all is adding and setting a "framebuffer-portcount" device property to 4 instead of default 3. I then configure "con3" flags to 0x00000187 and index to 3.

Specs:
M/B: Asrock Z270 Supercarrier (has only 2 ports on the panel: HDMI & DP)
CPU: i7 7700K
RAM: One stick of Corsair 16Gb 3000Mhz/CL15 in slot A1
SSD: Kingspec SATA SSD 1Tb
Monitors: DELL U2415 via HDMI, DELL U2715H via DP (No adapters)

MacOS: 10.14.6 (18G6020)
Kexts: Lilu 1.4.6, WhateverGreen 1.4.1, VirtualSMC 1.1.5, AppleALC 1.5.1
Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.0

Nothing is connected to the mobo except for the SATA SSD, keyboard & mouse. No PCI-E cards. UEFI DVMT max mem is set to 64Mb (Tried 128Mb with no success). Primary graphics are selected as Onboard. CSM is enabled and set to UEFI. (Tried various CSM settings, they don't affect anything).

Attaching ioreg of a booted system with 2 working monitors (plugged DP after booting),

I am stumped. It must be something pretty obvious but I've been battling with it for a week now and I desperately need some ideas. Anyone? Please.

Attachments

• ioreg-hdmi&dp.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 73
  • config.plist
    22.6 KB · Views: 74
  • fbcon-hdmi.png
    fbcon-hdmi.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 67
  • fbcon-dp.png
    fbcon-dp.png
    147 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I get very close results:
symptoms are the same - can use Dual Monitor if I connect 2nd monitor after login.
System details:
gigabyte H270 with i7-7700K CPU
my on-board card has one HDMI and one DVI connector.
my SMBIOS is set to 18,3 - I didn't try others yet
I'm using OpenCore (0.6.1) and my settings include:
AAPL,og-platform-id: 00001259
device-id: 12590000
with that I did not have to edit anything else.
Also, my mac will not return from sleep (panic) but that's probably unrelated

I did nit manage to get this going, I just switch the monitors on after booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back