Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I just bought a i7 7700k and a Z270 chipset motherboard.
Do you think i can run the latest MacOS X on that? Or when i will be able to?
This also relates to others who are planning on building an kaby lake system i think.

What is your motherboard (make & model #)? You've beaten us to the "punch" (so to speak). I'd hold off for a while as there are some new audio chipsets and other kexts that will need updating.

I'm thinking of the i5 7600k and Gigabyte has a bios update for the z170 boards.
I'm looking at these 270 boards, Asus new audio is Asus branded, but MSI has a nice gaming 5 with Realtek audio 1220? Maybe the bios update on the 100 series boards will offer more support for now, with dual bios you could go back to Skylake if it doesn't work. The update should allow your audio to work on the 170 boards while using the new CPU.

I like one of the two major changes made to them the IGPU powermangement change. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, we can get rid of the igpu as primary display for AMD graphics cards. I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe sleep could at least be solved with this Chipset.

The i7 7700k was overclocked at 6.7GHZ on liquid nitrogen, and rumored to be up to 7.0, that's insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back