Contribute
Register

justREALLYtired's BLACK LOTUS Build: 4.5GhZ i7-3770K - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT - 32GB RAM 1600M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your Thunderbolt port work?

Not sure. If I have time this weekend maybe I'll go buy a Thunderbolt drive and test it out.

Haven't really checked my USB 3.0 ports, either. 4 out of my 6 USB 3.0 ports accept USB 2.0 though.

Purchased a Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 drive and both work without additional updates or installs! My first post has been updated. Speed tests with both ports hit the max transfer rates for the drive.

Could you please reupload you multibeast config? I am doing the same basic build (Mobo+CPU) and am having issues with boot.

Cheers.

Could you please reupload you multibeast config? I am doing the same basic build (Mobo+CPU) and am having issues with boot.

Cheers.

For some strange reason that image of my Multibeast Config disappears all the time! Anyways, I just uploaded my most recent Multibeast 5.3.0 configuration and, hopefully, you'll be able to see it in my original post. Good luck getting it to boot. I just recently upgraded to 10.8.3 and it's been running perfectly. If all else fails the only advice I can give is to do a clean install.

Let me know if you the new image continues to not load and i'll just list it for you.

Ahh, I can see it fine now cheers.

I've also saved it and reuploaded elsewhere, just in case haha :mrgreen:

Hi justreallytired,
I'm trying to build my very first customac and I'm very new to this.
I'm also having the same mobo and cpu (asus p8z77v-pro thunderbolt and intel i7 3770k) + corsair vengeance 8 gb 1333 ram.
I followed your procedure exactly as in your post. But even after several attempts, I could not get through.
After ML installation, on restart, pc wont boot in osx. It just shows apple logo and endless spinning wheel for infinite time... Thats it!
What am I missing exactly...???
Please guide me and help me.
Thanking you in advance.

Do you install OS X 10.9? If so, can you please upload configuration of MultiBeast?

After 5 years, I am going to try and upgrade to Sierra this weekend. Wish me luck.
Unless I win the Powerball on Saturday. Then forget it. New 5K iMacs for me. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back