Contribute
Register

Just upgraded to 10.10.3 and now can't boot apart from safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SONY VAIO E14 SVE14A390X
CPU
i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 7670M
Title pretty much says it all. Upgraded an hour ago or so and now it's not letting me boot without safe mode.
Here's the kernel panic I get, can anyone shed some light on how to fix this? Going to scour the net and try and find something, but I figured I may as well ask here while I do that.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Thing.zip
    606.8 KB · Views: 49
Title pretty much says it all. Upgraded an hour ago or so and now it's not letting me boot without safe mode.
Here's the kernel panic I get, can anyone shed some light on how to fix this? Going to scour the net and try and find something, but I figured I may as well ask here while I do that.

Thanks,

Which bootloader?

Did you patch the graphics kexts previously?

Which bootloader?

Did you patch the graphics kexts previously?

This panic was from booting with Clover. Oddly, I tried booting with chameleon from an old USB, and I was able to get in, but I still can't manage to get in on clover. I don't recall whether I had patched the graphics, it's been so long if so. I'm not sure why I'd be able to get in on chameleon if I were still missing the graphics though.

This panic was from booting with Clover. Oddly, I tried booting with chameleon from an old USB, and I was able to get in, but I still can't manage to get in on clover. I don't recall whether I had patched the graphics, it's been so long if so. I'm not sure why I'd be able to get in on chameleon if I were still missing the graphics though.

Post EFI/Clover folder. Your Chameleon setup probably lacks the necessary configuration to make the drivers load or your Clover setup has some bad patches (most likely old patches for boot glitch to IOGraphicsFamily).

Post EFI/Clover folder. Your Chameleon setup probably lacks the necessary configuration to make the drivers load or your Clover setup has some bad patches (most likely old patches for boot glitch to IOGraphicsFamily).

Alright, here it is. I do think I have the patch for the boot glitch. Is that no good with this update?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 49
You have incorrect patches for 10.10.3 (and 10.10.2). The 10.10.1 patch used with 10.10.3 causes a crash.

Read here for updated patch: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

It seems it was indeed the iographics patch doing it. Took them out and added the 10.10.2 version. Now I can boot through clover again. Thanks! However the boot screen garble is still there. I manually put it in kexts to patch through clover, is that ok? Or do I need to put it in through plistedit or something similar? Thanks for your help.

It seems it was indeed the iographics patch doing it. Took them out and added the 10.10.2 version. Now I can boot through clover again. Thanks! However the boot screen garble is still there. I manually put it in kexts to patch through clover, is that ok? Or do I need to put it in through plistedit or something similar? Thanks for your help.

Post config.plist if you want me to check it.

Keep in mind the patch doesn't get rid of the garble completely, although it minimizes it. You may have less of a garble effect if you enable legacy boot/CSM in bios.

Post config.plist if you want me to check it.

Keep in mind the patch doesn't get rid of the garble completely, although it minimizes it. You may have less of a garble effect if you enable legacy boot/CSM in bios.

Awesome, thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back