CPU
Intel i7 870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I just ordered HP ProBook C9K69UT with i3 processor from Buy.com. I wanted to know if everything works after installing Mountain Lion 10.8.4. I know that i would need to get mini wifi card from ebay or amazon since wifi would not most likely work after installing mountain lion. So just want to know if this model is a good purchase for installing mountain lion. Any advice would be great.

Hi, I just ordered HP ProBook C9K69UT with i3 processor from Buy.com. I wanted to know if everything works after installing Mountain Lion 10.8.4. I know that i would need to get mini wifi card from ebay or amazon since wifi would not most likely work after installing mountain lion. So just want to know if this model is a good purchase for installing mountain lion. Any advice would be great.

According to what I see here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5350401#!tab=specs

Answer is... Yes.

But you will have to replace the WiFi card.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I was also wondering if i can upgrade the cpu on this model later on?

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I was also wondering if i can upgrade the cpu on this model later on?

Sure as long as it is OEM or retail Ivy/Sandy Bridge mobile CPU (non ULV) with TDP 45w or less.

Sure as long as it is OEM or retail Ivy/Sandy Bridge mobile CPU (non ULV) with TDP 45w or less.

okay great.Last question will the hp probook work with future OSX mavricks release?

okay great.Last question will the hp probook work with future OSX mavricks release?

Mavericks has not been released, so there is no way to tell, crystal balls being hard to find...

Also what WIFI card do i need to purchase for this laptop?

Can you provide a link to the FAQ?

Right under your nose. It is one of the stickies at the top of this forum. You cannot miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back