Contribute
Register

Just got 42 inch monitor need help on what gpu will be good to run at full res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man but is there anything a little less pricey haha :)

That's actually an extremely low resolution (852 x 480). Your monitor is really just a TV, and TVs tend to have lower resolutions than standard computer monitors. Nowadays, most large monitors have a resolutions of 1920x1080-- and up.

I'm not even sure if Mac OS X Lion will work with such a low resolution (since the standard resolution for Lion is 1024x768). However, hardware-wise, pretty much any graphics card in existence would be powerful enough.

Dude that's not good so will not be able to use this monitor with lion

yeah that resolution is a bit weird. I connected it to my Panasonic 42in plasma and it displayed in 1080p but some of the picture was cut off. Mostly finder toolbar and some parts of the sides.

These do accept 1080i from the computer. The issue is, after it recieves the 1080i signal, it compresses it to WVGA, so it is going to look AWFUL. I would suggest a GeForce 9400 GT if you are looking for something uber-cheap, but it wont be good for much more then web browsing and videos. I would invest my money in a new monitor first! ;) 1080p monitors are only 130 dollars on newegg.

Thanks for the advice do you have any monitors in mind that will be good
That sucks that I can't use the 42inch tv is there any way I was reading about hdmi converters should they be any good or not there must be some way of using it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back