Contribute
Register

Just finished my first Hackintosh, running 10.8..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo u430 Touch
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Built my first baby... it's a CustoMacPro. Everything is running so smoothly and lightning speed (except FW drive won't mount via onboard FW, but will via USB - audio interface will work via the onboard FW...ordered a FW800 card anyway.. so I think I will have that problem fixed.)

iMessage is not working... not a huge deal really because this is my editing/media beast machine.. but... if I were to update to 10.8.3 would it cause me problems? I used the Uni/Multi beast method. Needed very few 'checkboxes' in Multibeast.

How can I update to 10.8.3 seamlessly, and is it okay to fix iMessage with chameleon?.. Not sure if will affect how smoothly everything is currently running.

Also added a 2nd hard drive for a dual boot option with XP (some encoding tools will only run under XP). I can see the NTFS windows drive on my MAC desktop. Is there anyway I could be able to write to it? Simply just for dropping a text file on it now and then... also not a big deal because I can use a USB if I really need to.

Thanks.

Yes, confirming that OS X can read your mounted NTFS volumes, but not write to them.
So you'll need to employ a workaround such as the one you planned: copying files from OS X to a FAT USB drive which your Win OS can read later. Additionally if you have another system on your LAN which offers SMB file sharing, you could target it as intermediary.

Enjoy your CustomMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back