Graphics
Gigabyte R280X OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This morning I received my new ATI 5870.Therefore I wanted to do a fresh install using Iboot and Multibeast.

Started with my retail 10.6.0 DVD, updated this without any problem to 10.6.4. But due to the 5870 I wanted to go to 10.6.5.
But somehow system could NOT boot on it's own. I always needed to use the Iboot CD.

Next step I did was upgrade to 10.6.6, but again system does not boot when CD used.

Spec of my system are:
Intel E8400
4gb RAM
250gb HDD
Gigabyte 5870
SATA DVD

After installing 10.6.6 combo update I used Multibeast with next options:

-UserDSDT Install (made my own DSDT using DSDT auto-patcher)
-System Utilities:
-------------------Rebuild Caches
-------------------Repair Permissions
-Drivers
---------Kext
--------------Audio: AppleHDA rollback
-Bootloaders
--------------Chameleon 2.0 RC5-ATI experimental
-Customization
----------------Boot Options
------------------------------64-bit Apple Boot Screen

At first run (without CD) I did have a KP.AppleTYMCEDriver.
After removing this kext,started the system again from HDD and now system freezes at next point:

imagepu.jpg

Wonder if somebody have any idea what the cause could be.

And second problem that I have is that Safari (but also Google chrome) do crash at some site. I figure out that it can be a flas plug in problem (that is what Google chrome tells me when it crash)

Wonder if this could be because QE/CI is no yet working with my 5870 (card is recognized by OSX, resolution is working fine but NO QE/CI at this point)

Hope someone can help me solve both problems, so I can again enjoy my system :)

seninha said:
This morning I received my new ATI 5870.Therefore I wanted to do a fresh install using Iboot and Multibeast.

Started with my retail 10.6.0 DVD, updated this without any problem to 10.6.4. But due to the 5870 I wanted to go to 10.6.5.
But somehow system could NOT boot on it's own. I always needed to use the Iboot CD.

Next step I did was upgrade to 10.6.6, but again system does not boot when CD used.

Spec of my system are:
Intel E8400
4gb RAM
250gb HDD
Gigabyte 5870
SATA DVD

After installing 10.6.6 combo update I used Multibeast with next options:

-UserDSDT Install (made my own DSDT using DSDT auto-patcher)
-System Utilities:
-------------------Rebuild Caches
-------------------Repair Permissions
-Drivers
---------Kext
--------------Audio: AppleHDA rollback
-Bootloaders
--------------Chameleon 2.0 RC5-ATI experimental
-Customization
----------------Boot Options
------------------------------64-bit Apple Boot Screen

At first run (without CD) I did have a KP.AppleTYMCEDriver.
After removing this kext,started the system again from HDD and now system freezes at next point:

imagepu.jpg

Wonder if somebody have any idea what the cause could be.

And second problem that I have is that Safari (but also Google chrome) do crash at some site. I figure out that it can be a flas plug in problem (that is what Google chrome tells me when it crash)

Wonder if this could be because QE/CI is no yet working with my 5870 (card is recognized by OSX, resolution is working fine but NO QE/CI at this point)

Hope someone can help me solve both problems, so I can again enjoy my system :)
Try the graphics enabler = no boot screen option and see if that helps.

Thanks but that did not solve the problem.But what did was adding:

GenerateCstates=Yes" to my boot.plist. (found this line on this forum :thumbup: )

But somehow system still won't boot up without the Iboot CD.
This time booting stops at NTFS driver 3.3
Already read every line but I can't find what the problem is.

Wonder if it freezes due to my other HDD where I have Win7 installed on (it's a NTFS drive)

Do I need some kind of Kext to be able to boot (don't know if Iboot CD as something for NTFS drives???)

imageblk.jpg

Well it seems that problem with NTFS is solved.

What I did was first DISCONNECT my Windows 7 HDD.(NTFS drive)
After that I booted OSX without CD, but I get an ERROR..

Looks like system could not find a loader???? (maybe is the loader installed somehow on the NTFS drive, no idea)

Started OSX using Iboot CD, run MB 3.1.

Restarted system again without CD and then......SYSTEM BOOT's.

So it seams that the Loader somehow was installed (by Multibeast) on my Win 7 drive.

seninha said:
Well it seems that problem with NTFS is solved.

What I did was first DISCONNECT my Windows 7 HDD.(NTFS drive)
After that I booted OSX without CD, but I get an ERROR..

Looks like system could not find a loader???? (maybe is the loader installed somehow on the NTFS drive, no idea)

Started OSX using Iboot CD, run MB 3.1.

Restarted system again without CD and then......SYSTEM BOOT's.

So it seams that the Loader somehow was installed (by Multibeast) on my Win 7 drive.
Which is why we say disconnect/remove all extra hard drives/PCI/PCIe cards and put the DVD on SATA 0 and the OS X HD on SATA 1. That way there is no possible way anything can be installed in the wrong place and nothing interferes with the install and reboot due to lack of drivers.

BUMP....... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

NOT SOLVED AT ALL

As soon as I attached my Win 7 HDD NTFS error comes back :( (even after installed MB and Chameleon when NTFS drive was not attached)

Looking at the error,

NTFS Driver 3.3 [Flag: R/W]
NTFS volume name , v. 3.1
NTFS volume name , v. 3.1

And looking at the ntfs.kext info.plist, I see next line:

string>NTFS File System Extension</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>3.3</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>3.3</string>

Wonder if i can get a ntfs.kext with 3.1 in it, will sove this problem :(

Or maybe by connecting the Win 7 HDD to the purple SATA connector of my board will solve all of this.(just an idea)

Well, now I can really say it's solved.

This is how system was set up.
-Windows HDD as nr 1 and OSX as Nr 2 in BIOS
-Dual boot was managed by EasyBCD.

It's seems that Windows HDD being first to boot was something that OSX did not like.

That is why I first DELETED EasyBDC inside Windows 7.
Then placed OSX HDD as nr 1 in my BIOS.

(Picture not from my system)
bios4.jpg

And use Chameleon to choose which OS i want to start. :D

Only thing I just can't make work is that when system stops at Chameleon bootloader, it continues booting OSX after a couple of seconds.
At this moment I need to press ENTER to make it continue.

Which Boot Flag do i need to do this?
Already have : instant Menu=yes and Time Out=3 in my plist.

I thought that time out meant it will continue booting after 3 seconds but that does not happen.

seninha said:
Only thing I just can't make work is that when system stops at Chameleon bootloader, it continues booting OSX after a couple of seconds.
At this moment I need to press ENTER to make it continue.

Which Boot Flag do i need to do this?
Already have : instant Menu=yes and Time Out=3 in my plist.

I thought that time out meant it will continue booting after 3 seconds but that does not happen.
Instant menu=yes is same action as "Hit any key" during timeout period is same action as time out =0. You get a menu and select an OS and hit enter to continue boot process.

If you want the boot process to boot to default OS after a set time if you do nothing, delete the instant menu flag or change the string to no. I would delete it.

The timeout flag at 3 seconds by itself will automatically boot you into the default OS when it times out. If you want another OS, hit any key before the 3 seconds times out.

Thanks, that did the job.

Syste starts OSX if I don't touch anything within 3 seconds. Perfect.

Only problem I do have , is that time in BIOS keeps changing everytime I use OSX.
If I then start Windows 7 time always shows 1 hour earlier.

Go back to my BIOS,change it, then start Win 7 , time is OK.But If I start OSX, close it then go back to BIOS, time again 1 hour earlier :(

Already placed ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext inside the EXTRA folder (this one replaces old LegacyAppleRTC.kext ) but that did not solve the problem.

seninha said:
Thanks, that did the job.

Syste starts OSX if I don't touch anything within 3 seconds. Perfect.

Only problem I do have , is that time in BIOS keeps changing everytime I use OSX.
If I then start Windows 7 time always shows 1 hour earlier.

Go back to my BIOS,change it, then start Win 7 , time is OK.But If I start OSX, close it then go back to BIOS, time again 1 hour earlier :(

Already placed ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext inside the EXTRA folder (this one replaces old LegacyAppleRTC.kext ) but that did not solve the problem.
If you are using a DSDT from the forum database you should not need the RTC kext.

For the time fix:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8858&p=57975#p57975

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back